Chicken nuggets, Harvey , Arziyaan, the good life.

Watching a movie all by yourself, munching on Chicken nuggets dipped in Aporto chilli sauce, can be an extremely exhilarating and liberating experience. I did that today for the second time in my life. The first time was in Hyderabad many years back- but that experience was anything but liberating. Oh well, before I go any deeper, have I told you that meeshu's day care cum school or whatever they call it here is in a shopping mall in our suburb? Now you know. I like my readers knowing these little details- helps them picturise what KG does after dropping Mish at daycare. I had no plans for today. I thought I'll get back to make R's fish curry and catch up on some reading. I almost left the mall but on to my right this poster was screming out loud- LAST CHANCE HARVEY. Last show today. It almost read LAST CHANCE KG. So I walked up to the counter, bought a ticket and went right in. I still haven't figured why and how I did that. I didn't give myself a second to think...u know what I am talking about?
The first thing that hit me on entering the hall was the fact that I had the ENTIRE hall to myself. :D :D. hehaahahawwww. waaow. I always thought it takes a lot of money to book a hall all to yourself. I also found it strange because this is an impossible thing to happen back home. There would at least be 10 vela loafers, who'd come by to catch a 10.30 am movie. At least college kids?? And to think of DDLJ running for some 10-12 years now in that Maratha Mandir in Mumbai?!!
No-no. Ozzy land is something else. People here would rather take their partners on a day out surfing or biking. Nice, passionate, enthusiastic people. At least that ensured a full hall to myself. I couldn't have been more pleased. I called R who was slogging his backside off in Melbourne- 'I'm watching a movie.' 'Oh? have fun'.

I don't know how many expletives he must have used on hanging up, coz there he was slogging, and here I was sipping on orange juice and nibbling chicken....but am pretty much sure a lot of women are doing that right now -- poo-poohin this educated-yet-vela-mother-living-on-her-husband babe. But its ok, you know.

So, then, I saw the movie and cried bucket loads at many points and wondered what I was doing there in pitch dark watching such a tear jerker, all alone. (Its a beautiful film, go watch if you like soppy romantic flicks). But slowly the movie got happier, and so did I. After the film, I bought myself a Skim Latte- yea for the snooty wanna be slim babes like me - and walked past some boring shops. I window shop there so often that I know exactly if a sushi roll has been sitting on that counter for too long, or if a skirt which was on sale the previous day was being sold for full price the next day.

jus then, Arziyaan started booming into my ears from my Ipod. I realised I was in the wrong place. I walked straight out of the mall, walked a few paces and hit the bay. Sat on the bench and stared at the still waters and lip synched to - Sar utha ke maine to kitni khwaahishein ki thi..Kitne khwaab dekhe the kitni koshishein ki thi Jab tu rubaroo aaya, Jab tu rubaroo aaya nazrein na mila paaya, Sar jhuka ke ek pal mein, Sar jhuka ke ek pal mein maine kya nahi paaya.... and little by little got high on Kailash Kher and Javed Ali.

Life is good.

(PS: I still think Harvey's daughter should have let him give her away at the wedding ceremony. Oh that poor poor guy.)

Comments

the pleasantone said…
one word for you babe! lubbly!
I want to be vella too :(. the more i read your blogs, the more i am sure what i really would want to do.

this time for our bangalore coorg trip, i would take ishaan to the pool and dip my legs in the water and read "the lost flamingoes of bombay"...and i can tell you..theres nothing better i wanted to do :)

its awesome what you are doing with your time in australia. U simply Rock!
Discovering M said…
interesting :-) love the way you write.
@pleasantone: :).

@mims: whats stopping you? the smell of the paper with Gandhi on it? :) ok cana i get philosophical and make things easier for you? - vella is a state of mind :D :D . Now dont feel so bad. You juts got back from Coorg. when is your next mahindra trip due?

@discovering M: Taking a bow. I like compliments. makes me feel human :D .Thanks!

Popular Posts