Let the fear prevail

BJP’s Bhay Ho video that's doing its rounds on YouTube to counter Congress’s Jai ho, kind of hits you below the belt, whether we like it or not. The video was apparently sent to BJP by a party sympathiser and is not an official release. But it sure works well for them.

This sixty seconder parody of Slumdog’s song Jai Ho is sung by 2 street children and  goes like this:

Ratti ratti sachi hamne jaan ganvai hai,

bhooke pet jaag jaag raat bitayi hai,

mandi ki maar mein naukri ganva di,

gin gin vade hamne jindagi bita di,

mandi ho, atank ho, mahangai ho, bhay ho, phir bhi jai ho!

 

Not that BJP has done a better job in not instilling fear. I can’t image living  under BJP’s leadership, let alone Manmohan Uncles’.  We’ve seen what a mess congress has made of our country. Man, what choice have we got this time? No really, who will you vote for and why?  And this time we have a far more aware voter.  At least I see a lot of action in the blogsphere and internet over the coming up elections. Check out this site: www.engagevoter.in . And I am sure the youth this time is more aggressive about bringing a better government to power. But look at the choices, it makes me cry. But, I come back to my question- who should you vote for? Who kept up promises? Who has a clean chit from the law? Who will let me and my daughter walk in sleeveless tops and shorts without being slapped? Who will ensure me a peace of mind while I watch a movie, in a packed cinema hall without having the imminent fear of being blown into pieces? Who will get those petrol prices down? Its an endless list. And I haven’t even touched on the most important questions yet.

I know its not as simple. I have my set of duties too that I need to perform  before I raise a finger, before I ask questions, before I give up. And Gulaal, Yuva like movies stir something inside me, but then again like the many politicians, I remain apathetic, hoping someone else will do the job. 

As Gandhi once said- Be the change you want to see in the world.

Comments

Discovering M said…
which makes me think - Is choosing to NOT vote a crime?
@Discovering M: i think it is criminal like. If we don't vote, I dont think we have a right to protest. I think its democracy....Shekhar kapur explains well- that democracy was perhaps a new idea decades back...nw its not working...we need something revolutionary--someone, rather. Someone, outside the political system.
Tracer Bullet said…
well i registered to vote... but like u said, i still dunno who to vote for... i guess more than who u vote for, we need to pay some importance to having a system that will make these people accountable... but choosing not to vote??? definitely a big NO!!!!
Discovering M said…
I have never voted. No booths in dubai :-P . But I always thought NOT voting was a way of protesting against the system.

Never took responsibility really.. time for a change ?????????

Popular Posts