Therapy

A few weeks back Jhinni’s status message on FB was - ‘cleaning is therapeutic’. That got me thinking. What is it that heals me? Especially when I am in a terribly low mood. And I found my answer- baking! The procedures, precise methods and getting the recipe just right, makes it involving and at the end a very satisfying experience. Baking is not new to me. I have been associated with baking since I was a toddler. Ma is a fantastic baker. She baked fresh breads, cakes and cookies for us. We never knew back then to appreciate oven fresh cookies and breads. Even a thought of it now, makes me drool. Ma was summoned to bake cakes for children’s birthday parties and for  ladies' club parties and picnics. She always made the most mind blowing chocolate cakes I have ever had. Well, she still does. And as kids, Dada and I sat by ma around the big mixing bowl, waiting like hungry dogs to lick the bowl clean after she had finished pouring the batter into the cake mould. We begged her to leave some extra batter just so we got to lick a little of of that buttery sugary raw batter… and how we fought over it!! Dada is now a serious corporate honcho, but will give his right arm to get his hands on that cake mixing bowl, even today. I bet.

So then, I indulged in some cake therapy today (yes yes, it happened right after the YouTube session). And I can’t tell you how complete I feel. And the house is infused with the fresh aroma of vanilla and so are my senses.  Ummmmmaaah.Lovely.

DSC03620

Yes, one of those rare days, when she agreed to wear a frock and a blue one at that. Look at that smile. Indeed satisfying. Visit my food blog in sometime to see the cup cakes :).

Comments

Tracer Bullet said…
excellent :)
when i cook i get even more depressed... hahahah :D :D
the pleasantone said…
love mishmash in this pic! so chweet she looks!

Popular Posts