Nature at my doorstep

I spotted a tiny flock of petite colourful birds on the lemon tree, from my bedroom window. Figured, they visit everyday to wake us up. And then there is the neighbour’s cat and their stout dog constantly pooping in their garden, which,  also has a slide, a green swing and a huge trampoline. Something Her Pinkness has ordered to be bought for our garden too. Their cat is black, something Ma would be horrified to learn. I left the vacuum cleaner’s sponge filter outside to dry, and  when I tried to bring it back in, saw 4 snails sticking to it. Must be the incessant Sydney rains. The weather Gods are hopping mad. We’ve done something really contrite for them to behave this way, bang in the middle on the royal Australian summer. The lawn needs mowing and the leaves needs to be blown and collected. As I write this, my eyes see only green and shades of yellow, an occasional red and purple.  All, as good, if not better than the blue expanse I was used to. The vibes the current space is giving out is pleasant and I feel like I am reliving my honeymoon days in Munnar, with all the tall trees and greenery around, not to mention the nippiness.

And the Jasmine creeper which our Korean neighbour planted, I reckon, years back, gracefully adorns our fence too. When I leave the doors open I realise there is one thing less to buy from the supermarket- room fresheners. Actually and there’s more I won’t need to add to my weekly shopping list- Parsley, Mint and lemons. :-)

A vital lesson learnt- embrace what the Universe grants you with open arms. They will in turn hug you back :).

lemon tree lemon tree1

snailjasmine creeper

mint parseley

(Pardon the quality of pictures. All taken by my phone)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sydney looks beautiful at this time of the year.. isnt it??
Starry-eyed nut said…
It sounds like a fairy tale...can i come for a vacation? I promise to behave and be a good house guest.
phish phish said…
i like this better :D
Shachi said…
Loved this post - I am in the middle of fall planting at our new home - just planted cilantro, tomatoes, peppers and bell peppers (a.k.a salsa basket).....want to plant a lemon tree next weekend :)

You said it well - "Embrace what the Universe grants you with open arms. They will in turn hug you back :)"
@patty: yes, gorgeous. Love Sydney in these months. not too hot, not too cold, blooms everywhere, perfect!

@starryeyed nut: :d you are most welcome along with AJ.

@phishphish: :D :D i knew it. what else to expect from someone who has this on her profile- 'I go to the hills when my heart is lonely, I know I will hear what I've heard before, my heart will be blessed with the sound of music, and I'll sing once more...'

@shachi: ohh cool- salsa basket sounds pretty hep :D. Do share pics of the lil herb patch. California weather is awesome!
Scribbler :) said…
surely must be a lot of greenery outside to make you feel so "fresh and green" inside (that you remembered honeymoon!)...

am glad you love the new place :)
phish phish said…
:D you can never disappoint me...
Primitive Lyric said…
Lovely!! Sounds beautiful and so peaceful:)
Looks like you're living in a green wonderland! Enjoy your new home to the fullest!
stringOfPearls said…
I forgot there was another hemosphere. As my plan die on my porch this garden looks so lovely.Such a sight for sore eyes
Casuarina said…
I've always felt that my home should be an extension of my personality : my own bit of informally hemmed-in nature ...how can we feel at home without the chirping of birds, chirruping of crickets and soothing sound of water or leaves or wind to engage our senses ?

You're a lucky lady ; rejoice ! :-)

Popular Posts