Doppelganger


I am dead tired. Its been a long day and i want to just crash. I will, lemme just blog this bit of uncanny thing that happened to me a while back...and then i'll hit the bed.

The post on Marley and Meeshu this morning was written out of a kind of pressure that was mounting on me to blog about Marley...partly because it is an incredible book and partly because Coffee was on my thoughts lately. Like i mentioned in my previous post, Marley reminded me of Coffee. And the guilt that I have been carrying around for three years now, had to end somehow....i never really forgave myself for giving Coffee away. Then this book - Marley and Me surfaced and brought back wistful memories of Coffee...

Anyway, i got back a wee bit late from work today. To make up for this delay i headed to the shop next door - 9 to 9, to pick up Meeshu's favourite chocolate, Gems. I noticed a new aquarium shop next to the supermarket. I decided to stop by on my way back. I did, after picking up a handfull of different shapes and sizes of toffees and chocolates for Mish Mash. The aquariums were full of Gold fish (another favourite pet of mine)...and along side was this utterly cuter-than-cute lab pup sitting and staring right into my eyes...and i swear he looked just like Coffee. I rushed and picked him up..my mind was racing and there was a spurt of thoughts....no....this one can't be coffee..my heart said....see..its come back....all the way from Hyderabad...to beg you not to let go of him.... The shopkeeper said that the the pup was on sale.

I rushed back home and got Meeshu downstairs for a tete-a-tete with the cutiepie. She got into a frenzy! I have NEVER seen an 18 month old petting a lab with so much affection and so fearlessly! My heart kept telling me- pick him up you fool...didn't u want to bring home a lab pup? Its right in front of you....

I still cannot get over the fact that your deepest thoughts sometimes translate into life-like images and hit you on your face. As if mocking you, and telling you - you got what you wanted , Now what champion? Didn't you want it with all your heart? Suddenly Rhonda Bryne's words make so much sense to me...."you can order whatever u want from the cataloue of this universe. And don't worry about how you get it...the universe will move things and make it happen for you. Just start believing that you are receiving what you asked for...."

I picked up Meeshu, who was combatting against going back home....we waved him good bye...

My head kept spinning with a million thoughts....He had coffee's eyes... and his nose and his tail too..and the colour...ditto..
and as i continue to think of the bizzare turn of events and get ready to sleep...I know I will have a sleepless night. I turned him down yet again.

Comments

neha vish said…
It's called Daag-Blackmail. Seriously.

And I think Meeshu is joining forces with the paws now.
:) you think so? Meeshu for sure wants me to get him home...
The Worm said…
appu, daag achche hain!
bring him on...

Popular Posts