'That side, the grass is tastier', the silly cow said

While in Hyderabad, every morning Raj woke up to my non-stop ramblings
about how boring the city has become, how little our salaries are, how
hot the summer is, how irking the lack of weekend getaways are...blah
blah and more blahs. Raj finally made a jump and we decided to shift
outta Hyderabad.

We are now in Bangalore. Sample this.
Me: I don't wanna go to office today.
R: Why?
Me: its not interesting anymore.
R: Whats not interesting.
Me: (Acting Vague)...nothing ya. The pay sucks ya, for all the work that i do...
R: But you were happy just yesterday
Me: Yeah...actually its the city ya, that's getting to me...
R: babe its only a year here..u loved Bangalore...whats wrong now?
Me: (acting even more vague) i don't know ya.....its betting boring. Its all about waking up going to work, get back, play with meeshu, wait for you, beg u to be back earlier....sleep...same shit...same rut. We don't do anything ..there are so many weekend getaways, but we just sleep on weekends.
R: How can you say something like that...u know why we haven't been able to take those weekend breaks...
Me:hmmm...but i want to go back now to Hyderabad. Its easier ya...with dad and mom around and all...
R: I thought u wanted to stay away?
Me: Not anymore
R: Sorry, we cannot shift
Me: At least you change your job na..
R:why me?
Me: just so that u get a kickass salary, then i can quit this job and do what i love doing
R:And what do you 'love' doing
Me: I'll figure
R: You just wanna run away from difficult situations
Me:See, you never take me seriously....put yourself in my shoes. You don't come home before midnight, i have to be home every single day waiting for you...meeshu doesn't get enough of your attention.....
R: face it babe, you are an escapist. Deal with situations. What happened to that 'Secret' book fundas?
Me: Why are you grilling me like this? Ok fuck it.......at least can we go out for a drink today?
R: As long as you don't crib about not having anything nice to wear to the pub.......

I am such a confounded fool. Its a beautiful city. I have a beautiful
daughter. My flat here is more than just pretty. The weather here
rocks. I have a nanny who takes take of meeshu. I have a job. I have all the space i
want in the world. I have a doting husband who will listen to any
amount of crap i dole out. I have enough to make a person go greeen with envy.

Why still, does the grass on the other side, seem greeener?

Comments

Mabel said…
I enjoyed reading this..and all your articles. You're a thinker. I love your blog!
Baby..it has nothing to do with grass being greener on the other side :)

I can give a hand a leg to just stay at home and do nothing....or thats what I tell Sanjay everyday...make him feel guiltier than ever for everything that he does and does not do. But I am sure given a choice, I wouldn't leave the job or anything else...We just plain love to Crib...lets face it..maybe its just love for our "I want to crib today..again :-d" nature.

Popular Posts