Saturday afternoon reminisce

My mind  shifts with ease,
to the reverse gear,
conjuring life and times,
long gone.

Like an alert child,
it wanders about known territories,
where memories lay scattered.
Its careful not to wake up
the ones she had put to sleep, eternally.

Gently, it treads on them-
some lie with their face down, like ashamed children,
some hide, nervous,
and some come right ahead and greet,
in a manner that's rather obvious.
(Like they knew, I was there looking for them)

It is those memories I seek,
the ones with a warm fuzzy smile,
those that come rushing, to hug me.

It is in those memories I wish to saturate,
laze and natter with,
on this forlorn Saturday afternoon.

For only  in those days,
I seem to find,
my quiet and rest,
and live again like I did then, to the fullest.

So here’s to those memories-
memoirs that make me smile,
and make my jaded Saturday afternoon worthwhile.

Comments

indranil said…
as they say, some memories are best left dead. the rest lives a life with you....... btw, you seeking to saturate in some memroies trying to make a bland day worth while, comes right out of WW...

"for oft when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude"


great poets think alike.... :P
Lovely!

"Let the memory, live again".

There comes a point in our lives when our memories will keep us happy; when they'll be all we have. It's never too late, or too early to be stocking up on them...
Anonymous said…
Lovely post... Happy memories are always welcome.. and change your mood instantly...
Tracer Bullet said…
i'm tired of writing "v nice"... but this one touched a chord... :)
Miss M said…
Beautiful!

Btw, I have read your blog before but never commented. Totally loved your previous post! :)
Nice way to reminisce the Saturday afternoons.. Mine is usually filled with coffess/tea's with samosa or fritters *in my dreams, of course*!!

http://kirantarun.com
Rupz said…
beautiful beautiful beautiful
@IK: WW must be turning in his grave with your comment. :D

@M4: oh yeah, this one commodity, u can stock up as much as u wish to. Though philosophers will say- move on with life, there is no present, past or tomorrow. or that we are all iving in a matrix like simulated reality- so no real memories. :D. I am glad i dont subscrbe to either philosphies.

@Pat: oh yah babe, totally. The husband decided to ' rest'. read 'sleep' through weekend. In such times, these happy thoughts helps me maintain my sanity. :D

@Tracerrrrrrrrrrrr: Oye, i thought u had phorjotten me. But i will never get tired of your bhery niccce u see. But tracer never says such kind words..i think thats your problem. This blog will attact a comment from u only if i write something totally senseless or wicked. :p

@Miss M: thanks :). Glad u liked it. I am guessing u liked the bong bit. :D

@kiran: Somosas are good. better than wistful thoughts. Thanks for stopping by :)

@Rupz: Thank you. Thank You. Thank You.
Discovering M said…
very nice ! enjoyed it !

Popular Posts