June

I can’t say it is my favourite month. It ideally should be, what with all the birthdays and anniversaries of my favourite people falling in this month. Its more festive than the alluring months of Sept-Dec. It begins with my parent’s anniversary, followed by a cousin, nephew, and my only husband’s birthdays, which fortunately or unfortunately fall on the same day. Then comes our engagement anniversary (how many of you even remember this day of your life?) and then, my very own birthday, which I can really do without from this year on, you know.

Needless to say we save just about nothing, in this much dreaded month. But then again, its a different story altogether that we don’t save all that much in other months either.  Its funny that I should dread it – on one hand I worry about what best to buy my man, who is increasingly getting more and more fastidious about things around him. And on the other hand I worry about saving. Talking about my man, its strange how much he has changed. Suddenly gadgets don’t interest him, books are boring, clothes aren’t all that special a gift and a 6 course hearty, exotic meal, is a regular affair at home anyway. This is what happens to couples, who are in way too much love, I reckon. or may be its a sign of old age ;) .I mentioned a spa holiday to see his reaction, only to hear- Spa with Meeshu? You must be dreaming.

Yesterday, we saw ‘The Bucket List’ together and while watching, he made a casual comment about how we must all have our private times and holidays, alone. On Facebook, my virtual agony aunt, I asked my friends to suggest ways to please my finicky man on his birthday. The answers that were generated can  practically be converted into a book which should be titled - how to keep off your husband’s hair and make his birthday perfect.

I’ve got my hints.  This year, lemme settle for a ton of love and a few flying kisses and perhaps, let him just be.

Birthday wishes in advance, my dearest.

 

(On a connected note, I think you must get back to your scotch you know, its a tad weird the way you sit with lemon, Lime and bitters on a Saturday evening. That’s what’s wrong may be).

Comments

Scribbler :) said…
You copy cat! You are also born in June? What's the date?

Do enjoy June without worrying about savings...'kal kisne dekha hai?'
Anonymous said…
OH.. Happy Birthday to yours.!! Is it your anniversary as well??

Bucket list is a fab movie... Did you watch the hindi version as well?
Rose said…
LOL!
Men are funny creatures.
The funny bit? Even if you do nothing and settle for the flying kisses, betcha he still waits for 'the gift'!
Like I said, men are funny creatures.
They're almost up there with us women. *grin*
Scribbler: oh no, this was predictable- am glad i wrote my favourite people's birthdays fall in this month :). When's yours?

Patricia: thank you so much! its on the 8th and we are off on a chota holiday. will update son :). Hindi version with vinay pathak?

Rose: Bang on!!! A question gets dropped slyly over breakfast this morning- 'so you haven't gone out at all...how do u plan to buy the gift?' :D

Popular Posts