A little on melancholy, on a friday

I am feeling strangely melancholic. Despite today being a Friday. The day began with reading about MJ. I wanted to perk up, so made myself a hot mug of soup and went down to the park. I even pinged Scribbler telling her the sun was flooding in the park and was shouting out to me to come out. I went with the book, the only source of supreme pleasure, to me, at this point in time. But more on that book a little later. Let’s deal with this melancholy, first. Its not like me to feel this way on the fifth day of the week. Needless to say, it is horrifying me- I am slowly becoming of one of those wives, husbands dread coming home to. I think R would much rather make train trips all day long to escape my all day direct telecast of exaggerated and daramabaaz outbursts. Which makes me think- does he miss getting off the station deliberately or does he really lose track of time while playing Sudoku on his wretched Blackberry? He missed getting off our suburb station thrice, now. Three times can’t be because of Sudoku. Your wife and children should ideally excite you more than numbers, after all?

I digressed and how. Wasn’t I talking about the sun flooding in the park? So I went and barely had I finished my mug of pumpkin soup (I have a rare taste), the sun decided to give me the slip. Or maybe he wanted to play hide and seek? And I don’t like clouds- not the Sydney ones. I like white clouds- not grey ones, always threatening you, and making you scurry under trees , lest you get drenched. Much to the cloud’s delight, I did scurry home and was wondering why this happens- why one doesn’t  get enough of what one wants? Sunlight, for starts. Am sure this has an answer which doesn’t sound as philosophical as the question does. Maybe, I should pursue it today. That should make my day feel less forlorn.

Duck it. I much rather curl under my sheets with the heater warming my feet and let ‘The Gruensey Literary and Potato Peel Society’, amuse me. What a delightful book. Haven’t read one like this in the longest time.

 

(PS: I can’t for my life of it understand why I pinged R these words:

me:  ..why are men- black or white. why dont u like shades of grey?
why don’t u appreciate poetry, or melancholic women…much rather understand them
I wish there were some Wordsworth type of fellas left..I'd have gladly eloped with one of those kinds)

 

He is sure to miss getting off the train today.

Comments

Scribbler :) said…
Ha Ha Ha! I mean...am not laughing at you or your melancholy...just the thought that R deliberately misses the stops! And yes, if you happen to meet a Wordsworth type, ask him if he has a brother (of a similar type), and ping me instantly!

As for your Friday blues...think of worse things, like Monday mornings or days without any phone calls/messages/comments/pings! You'll feel better. That's what I do...I shoo away depression by thinking of more depressing stuff!
Scribbler :) said…
By the way...I think it is the pumpkin soup! Why don't you try some chocolate instead? And listen to a nursery rhyme? (steal one from Meeshu's collection). Let me know if that works...or I will need to recommend a stronger dose.
tried chocolate, and now have a cup of milk in the microwave, getting ready for hot chocolate. the mood, is clearing, like the wretched Sydney clouds..but the overcast scene seems like it will linger about a while.
Joe Pinto said…
My dear KG,

I spent three years in Leeds, England, and survived as a husband "accompanying wife", while Kalpana was doing a PhD.

The way or trick to resist the blues or greys is not Wordsworth, though I love the poet too.

It is something mundane like having a make-believe timetable to stick to, during the day "as if you were working somewhere".

Once you get into your own self-created world of work, you'll be shocked how the depression, accompanying the blues or greys, vanishes.

How's the story-writing coming along? If not, a memoir?

And, "Yes!", all kinds of soup help.

Warm regards,
- Joe.
Starry-eyed nut said…
Sudoku and numbers can make men do weird things!

And when the sydney clouds threaten you, threaten them back, tell them you will send them to the sweltering heat of gurgaon, with power outages every 5 mins and houses which turn into furnaces :)
Anonymous said…
Hey... men are like that... my husband can be on the golf course all day... and not worry about whats happening outside the club!!! At home.. he often sits with Sudoko... and goodness.. thats annoying.. Three women (me & our 2 girls).. cant keep his attention any more!!

*ha ha*

And you'd be dead bored of a Wordsworth type... trust me!!! You could only have that for a while.. not forever!!!

Hey.. what are you complaining about... you've got lovely winter coming up... Plus you have summer months as well...

Here in Dubai... all I get is sunshine!!
@JP: Sir, thanks for those words. I'll respond to your query on a separate note!

@abhi: thats some threat!! hahaha!

@pat: Bang on! But i didn't know u lived in Dubai!
indranil said…
" wretched blackberry"... :D well long long ago in one of your blogs you had mentioned that its absolutely impossible to wake R when he is sleeping but the subtle tring of the balckberry wwakes him up in an instant...

" your wife and children should ideally excite you more than numbers"..... well R has evolved very very fast... after a time in man's life the wife and child starts becoming just numbers as well... :P :P
Unknown said…
I am having one of those days also. I got up with the same question in mind.

Sarika

Popular Posts