I like

Scribbler’s tag comes bang on time. A time, when I have been single mindedly digging on things I don’t like, cursing, cribbing, sulking and more on those lines. So, drawing up my laundry list on things I like seems like just what the shrink prescribed.

My – I likes:

  1. I like it when I have a cuppa cha in my hands. The whole world seems a better place to live.
  2. I like it better when someone makes the cuppa for me.
  3. I like it best when it comes in a pot. (I must stop with the cha fixation)
  4. I like to hear the click of the door knob, when Raj walks in at the end of my rather wasted day.
  5. I like it when friends give surprise visits. Actually I like surprises of any kind. Mostly of the pleasant variety.
  6. I like the warmth of my electric heater.
  7. I like Bollywood. Anything and everything related to our Hindi fillum industry. SRK too…goes without saying.
  8. I like the smell of detergent and fabric conditioner on my bed linen.
  9. I like cooking an insane amount of food. Especially entrées for a party.
  10. I like day dreaming about summer holidays spent in my village, Kanachchanda.
  11. I like the feeling of scalding hot water on my skin in Sydney winters.
  12. I like soaking in a hot tub with Srikanto singing in the background, and a nice little book in my hand. A beer by the side, makes the picture, perfect.
  13. I like  conversations, laughter, mindless banter, with happy people.
  14. I like cozying up on my sofa with white wine, a subtitled French film and Raj by me. The Pizza man should ideally be on his way with barbequed chicken pizza, garlic bread with cheese and jalapeños.
  15. I like the joy I feel on discovering crumpled notes in my jeans pocket. Especially 100 buck ones.
  16. I like chillies. Crisp, green, fresh chillies. when added in big numbers to my biriyani and curries, makes the dinner most gratifying.
  17. I like arm chair travelling. It generally involves travelling to an exotic island with masseurs waiting at the airport to take you straight to the spa.
  18. I like going through old emails from special some ones and laughing my backside off, at the endearments we called each other, at different point of our lives.
  19. I like my ISD calls to ma.
  20. I like listening to certain songs and thinking of memories associated with it.
  21. I like it when Meeshu says- Tumi amaake aar love korona. (you don’t love me anymore). Mostly, when she wants a round of fussing and kissing.
  22. I like watching couples hug. I always brings a happy tear to my eyes.
  23. I like getting into my fitness gear, and taking those extremely rare walks by the bay.
  24. I like the aroma of food in the evenings.
  25. I like turning home into a pan patti, by playing songs from the 80’s and 90’s. Yesterday, there was an overdose of - ‘chehra kya dekhte ho, Dil mein utar kar dekho na’ and ‘chura ke dil mera goriya chali’. No wonder, Raj realized its not a good idea to work from home.
  26. I like seeing comments awaiting moderation in my inbox.
  27. I like sun, sand, deck chairs, beer and the food that comes with it, but only in Goa.
  28. I like my weighing scale when it shows even a 100 gms less. Its an incredible feeling.

 

I can go on the entire day, and its surprising there are so many things I like and yet passionately think of things I hate.

Go on, make your own list and gloat.

Comments

Scribbler :) said…
#6 - Oh! I could die for it.
#13 and #14 - I could kill for them.
#18 and #20 - I know exactly what you mean.
#9 and #23 - Finally I found something we DON'T have in common :)
#28 - I don't know that. Never happened to me :(
indranil said…
28 milestones and more may be for your UTOPIA... if you could have enough of it, posisbly come back to reality and list things you passionately hate... that would be as intersting i guess.

we all have our individual lists..... love list, hate list, lust list, list of lists, but still many lead a listless life.
Debanjana said…
I just love 14, and 14, and 14...
Unknown said…
Loved it! # 1 and 2 would be top on my list too.:))there are so any things on there, that I like (#5,love # 13, #20)..I think you just inspired me to write my own blog. I will be quoting you on FB for the next few days :)
Anonymous said…
Hey Appu.. read bits from your blog and totally enjoyed them. So amazing to find one more cha crazy person. Check out my attempt at blogging at the URL mentioned below. Need to post more often though!! Any tips?
A Bookworm said…
Love this list....#13 and #19 are my favorites..:)... do check my list...
@hey there aditi: so good to find u here in the blogsphere! Thanks for visiting :)
Starry-eyed nut said…
lovely list aparna and most sound similar :)

Popular Posts