Watch HOW you write.

 

After a really long time I had a pen in my hand, and had been scribbling random thoughts on this beautiful notepad. And as I wrote, I realised how bad my handwriting had become. I remember Ms Suzani from class one, perennially had a cane in her hand and spared no one with a bad handwriting. And remember those CRUEL cursive writing books ? ( to become Meeshu's trauma soon ) I still shudder from that thought :). But it did do us some good. I had a decent handwriting.

Come to think of handwritings, I remember a couple of months back, Tarana and I met up for coffee on 100 Ft road's Barista. It was one of those rare meetings when Tarana was in town and i got to be out of the house a little longer than usual. I was looking forward to my gossip session, and had made mental notes of who all to bitch about, lest I forget.  On reaching Barista, and after having ordered a huge club sandwich and our respective coffees, we see this petite girl walking towards us with papers and pencils. She introduced herself and and said she was from the National handwriting Analysis Institue (or some such place), and requested us to give our handwriting samples - only if we were willing to do so to know our 'personality traits' in the end. (Like we didn't know how evil we were) Now, this was something NO girl would let pass. Even if you knew that there will be some cliched answers. But we still went ahead and gave our samples and she got back with an analysis. I'll pass what was told about Tarana (though all that was said was really accurate, and they weren't general observations), and then she  gave me my download. Short tempered, has select few friends, organises great events, balanced, family means the world to me, lazy, so and and so forth.  I was pretty satisfied with the analysis, simply because she did not dwell on too many negatives.

What she said after that kinda baffles me even now. She said graphology can change a person's personality. If you knew your short comings and weak points, you can practice writing in a certain way and even change your character!!!! How that works: our brain guides whatever we write - our brain guides our hand. So essentially everything put on paper is a result of some sorta communication between our brain and the motor reflex muscles of our hand. Thus, our handwriting becomes a Polygraph, giving us a picture of our true selves. Guess this is the key to suicide notes et al.

Also insight enough to know that our generation is perhaps going all characterless, cause we don't write.

Whatever, I have been practicing my 't's and 'y's to keep my temper in check and help better my self esteem.

Comments

Fighter Jet said…
"...our generation going charactless...."
cuz we dont write :)
nice and apt observation.
the pleasantone said…
very interesting stuff babe!
Tracer Bullet said…
what does it say about people who cannot read their own handwriting? any chance at all for them??? MS WORD ZINDABAAD!!!! SPELL CHECK ZINDABAAD!!!!

Popular Posts