The Ketchup Girl Recommends

The Ketchup Gal's list of 25 books she thinks everybody should read.

books(Of course, you have your own taste, everyone does. But these are my favourites, and my taste ain't all that bad....you should meet me to see and know).

1. One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel García Márquez

2. On Beauty - Zadie Smith

3. Everything is illuminated - Jonathan Safran Foer

4. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time – Mark Haddon

5. The Secret - Rhonda Byrne

6. Rebecca – Daphne du Maurier

7. Far from the Madding Crowd : Thomas Hardy

 

8. To Kill a Mocking Bird : Harper Lee

9. The Little Prince: Antoine de Saint Exupery

10. Chokher Bali - Rabindranath Tagore

11. Jonathan Livingston Seagull - Richard Bach

12. Family Matters Rohinton Mistry

13.Half of a yellow Sun : Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

14.Love Story : Eric Segal

15. The St. Claire's Series - Enid Blyton

16. Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand

17.Catcher in the Rye - J D Salinger

18. Wuthering Heights - Emily Jane Bronte

19. God of Small Things - Arundhati Roy

20. ALL of Chitra Banerjee Devakaruni (i know, way too girlie)

21. Angela's Ashes : Frank Mccourt

22. City of Djinns : William Dalrymple

23.The Moor's Last Sigh : Salman Rushdie

24. Complete Adventures of Feluda - Satyajit Ray

25. The Hungry Tide - Amitava Ghosh

26. A Thousand Splendid Suns - Khaled Hosseni (Man, you are the awesome-est)

 

I know i know i know. This is most unfair. I've not made any distinction in genres. And it is a reckless list. But what the heck! These are my absolute favourites. I can still sit with the entire St Claire's series and read them without putting them down for hours together. I so love Enid Blyton, and couldn't be more thankful to her for making my childhood so happy!

There are a ton of Indian authors who are totally mind blowing, and then there are a zillion others who i am yet to read. There is so much more to read, know, love, enjoy.

For now, here's another list I found on Shelfari - 1001 Books you must read before you die.

Comments

Fighter Jet said…
Enyd Blyton!

Ohh..I love them absolutly,even though I was supposed to read Hardy boys,I liked reading the famous five series :)
Unknown said…
Hey Appu,

Thanks for the list. It came at a perfect time..I was looking for new books to read.

Sarika
:). Try, Khaled Hosseni, if u still haven;t read his kite runner and a thousand splendid suns. Actually there are so many more, no? I still think this is just a thoughtless list!

Popular Posts