Blast from the past

Random memories from school....

Class 1: colored chalk pieces (which I pronounced as chaaak pisss).

Class 2: The rose pinned on Ms Cecilia's hair: she never missed a day. And days that she would, I made sure I got her one in the lunch break.

Class 3: I don't strangely remember anything about class 3...just that I disliked Ms Lucy and her cane. I also thought those who got a chance to write something on the black board were cool. I always wanted to be the one being called out to write stuff on black boards.

Class 4: Ms Mini's pleated saree; Ramlal stores and his collection of fancy hair bands and clips. Oh yes, and Tinkle and Amar Chitra Katha.

Class 5: Razia's bicycle. I pestered dad into buying me one...though not a BSA, got an Atlas with a maroon velvet seat! Also sangeeta stores - the only stationary shop in Shahabad. I drooled over the pencil boxes and scented erasers (which we called scent rubber). QSQT. I knew the dialogues by heart. Ms Anita. Those who know her and are reading this space, will know what I am talking about.

Class 6: Being head girl. I was obsessed with leading teams. I disliked being led. All year through i worried about how I'd become head girl in class 7 for primary section. And seniors. I always liked walking to school with super seniors. (Why was i like that, ya?)

Class 7: English. I wanted to top the class in English, always. Hated it if anyone scored more. Oh, and also became the head girl. So obviously was obsessed with giving grief to the bachchas. And i was a horrible horrible girl. 'palm shoes' . basically closed shoes...the ones that are in again these days...but those days i had a fettish for them still dunno why they were called 'palm' shoes. Enid blyton and Nancy Drew.

Class 8: Long jump. Kishore Kumar's songs in Kumar Sanu's voice (uggggh!! But yes!). Hair styles. I loved my blunt cut and i took major pride in being told that i looked like sadhna srivastav (the DD anchor).

Class 9: Shara. Her intelligence baffled me. I wanted to be like her. stickers and greeting cards. Archies actually. Went nuts giving valentine cards to my girl friends! (god! What was i, ya?!). Writing letters to friends. It was more important than finishing homework.

Class 10: Special English. Loved that subject and the story 'Vanka' or something.... ! Robin Cook. Munni (rashmi) and her boy friends. Rachna and her house. Inder and her lunch box with dehradun rice ka pulao and rajma... Rachna Saraogi and her handwriting. Uma and her spectacles and tomato rice. Saarika and her tears. Senba and her pet name - Remo. Mamatha and our animosity. Nina and the lice on her head. Campaigning for Saarika. Tamil names. The school itself.

 

Good ole days.

Comments

the pleasantone said…
nice! why are we getting so poetic abt the past nowadays ??? dont tell me we;ve become those people !!!!!! what horror!
Cerebrations said…
Hey Ketchup Gal... when taking quick breaks from the manic scene at office, its always nice to read your posts. :)
btw, "palm shoes" were actually pump shoes or just pumps grossly mispronounced! ;-)
Anonymous said…
Sarika and her tears???
Embarrassing!!! Quick form some other memory (nice one) :)

And campaigning...I can't believe we did that for a 10'th class election!!!
Anonymous said…
P.S: Why does my name have two "aa".

Sarika

Popular Posts