When u miss out on your best buddy's wedding

When u do that, you end up feeling real bad.

I never thought I'd miss Anu's wedding. All along, even when we were blissfully out of touch, I knew one thing- I'll be there for her wedding. We were out of touch for many months...almost a year actually, till i met her recently in Mumbai. And when we did meet up we behaved like jealous lovers. She couldn't fathom the fact that I was living with 'other' friends and not her. We were up the whole night and caught up on all the unsaid stories. Still it was not enough. The meeting was sorta unfinished...can't explain why. Guess I needed more time. That's when i had resolved to make it for her wedding. Thankfully I had met Joydeep. Had I not done that before she got married to him, I'd have felt like a total loser. I mean, best buddies are suppossed to met their respective fiances. Its like a cardinal rule.


Those days in college are so vivid in my head that i can read it like a book with my eyes closed. We were so drunk in this pic babe.
I still can't remember the exact reasons of why we lost touch- rather, chose to be out of touch. Lots of things. And this too I cannot explain. There was this need to be away. And then there was this sudden urge to meet again too.

She had made it to my wedding. And was there next to me on the mandap all along. I wanted to be there too. Next to her. On her mandap. But God has strange ways. I couldn't make it. And today she sent me pictures of her big day. I uploaded them into an album on her behalf..knowing she'll never do it. And when i saw her pictures, in red, like all bong brides, i knew something. I knew I had missed out on a precious part of her life. A part which required my presence, for old times sake.

PS: K jussst called to inform me about the wedding on Monday. Now, that'll be a wedding i'll want to give a miss, reasons better remain unsaid.

Comments

phish phish said…
missed you at the wedding and i miss you!! Miss lying next to you, on a deck chair, on a lazy sunny morning, in Goa, maybe thinking about the same song...same movie...same book...or the same men...heh heh!! can't get over those days...here's dedicating one of my favourite songs...just for you!! cheers!!

There are places I remember
All my life, though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places had their moments
With lovers and friends
I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I've loved them all

But of all these friends and lovers
there is no one compares with you
And these memories lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new
Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more

Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more
In my life I love you more

Popular Posts