Last and final call for all passengers going to Goa

The word BPO has appeared quite a few times on my blog on various posts since 2005. And each time the word appeared, there have been abuses around it. I don't like BPOs. I don't want to dabble with statistics on BPOs-
how much revenue they bring in, how many jobs they create and how the
spending power of the youth today has gone up manifold. I know all
that. Thanks to this industry, I have partied in the best clubs, lived
on best housing properties and continue to lead a lavish life. Thanks
also that Idon't belong to this industry, my husband does. And he loves
it. He swears by the organisation he works for. He wants to retire from
that place. Now, how boring is that?

So, now that he has decided he wont switch to any other
industry, or even the company for that matter, I gotta figure my life
out. Because no matter how much money the industry pumps in, it cannot
get my husband fitter, or make a day longer. The way this industry
expects its people to slog, it is anything but funny. But what is
interesting is that these guysdon't mind working- the fat pay cheques, the unheard of bonuses and soooopa
sexy women (this goes mostly for the young ops guys on the floor) are
just some of the few freebies one gets to be a part of the industry.

I
can't really figure my life without my husband in it. He somehow
doesn't figure in it anywhere now a days. People and things that do
figure in his present scheme of things are - focus, w, S, pitch,
processes, s, campDavid, Hyderabad, s, conference calls, s, s, s..... Now in such a bright scenario, what i'd certainly like to do is wring somebody's neck.

Listen
blog. I want you to tell a little bird to go tell W and s to please let
us live our lives in peace for a little while. Just a little while.
There is this urgent need to go to Goa. We have to make it asap. ElseI'll lose my sanity. I got to sip Kings beer. I have to be on the deck chair on Baga. I got to buy those 30 buck t shirts on kalangute, i gotta have chicken Xacuti, I must must must have vinicola port wine...

It is this voice inside me that tells me that it was Goa that got you guys together, it will be Goa that will keep you guys together. I can hear the last boarding call...can you??

Comments

neha vish said…
BPO Blues?

It's amazing how BPOs have changed life in Hyderabad too. The sun has nothing to do with our working life. At night, an entire industry comes alive.

Oh yes, it makes everything so affordable. That comfort we yearn for - the promised luxury which was to come from cramming for our exams.

But it's great to read the viewpoint from a BPO-spouse. :)

Popular Posts