Oh Mumbai, how long will you endure?

I still cannot get over the ghastly goings on in Mumbai. I cannot fathom how intelligence sources can fail with such appalling regularity.  I cannot sit still for a minute. And how can I, after watching Mumbai turn into a veritable war zone. The pain this time is too much. The anger just doesn’t subside.  Each time I see images of dead bodies strewn in CST, of the beautiful Taj burning, it sends down shivers down my spine, and tears well up.

 

I myself wrote about the undying spirit of Mumbai and how I know  Mumbai will get back on its feet- but do they really have a choice? The scores of people who go to the city of dreams leaving behind families, do they really have a choice but to get up and go back to their work places and behave like nothing has really happened? Do they really have a choice but to take the trains despite having a deep fear within that they might just be the next one to be blown to bits? How else do they travel? Who cares if they are scared with in? Who cares if they actually live in fear? And why just Mumbai? Its a fear that’s gripping the entire country. And nothing seems to make the government sit up and reassure the citizens. A PM addressing the country appealing for peace, resolving to fight back, doesn’t reassure us, Sir, with due respect.  And what can civilians do? really, what can they do? Apart form signing online petitions, venting their anger, showing their ‘fearlessness’…what can they really do?

 

Sitting here, far away, I can only imagine how people across the country are feeling. It is not just fear, its a feeling of being let down, time and again. And I know the pain of loss, really cannot be shared.

Comments

the pleasantone said…
Dont tell me! the whole thing gets my blood boiling!and to think its still going on! shame i say! feel i should go over and whip everybody! i mean is life so bloody cheap...i dont understand human beings and their capacity for cruelty and inefficency!
and these people who call themselves terrorists what do they think of themselves...losers in life and brainless people....ahhhha if i could catch even one of them na ...really mad!
Fighter Jet said…
True..its not the bravery...but the sheer necessity that makes Mumbailars back on its feet...
and they call it...."spirit of Mumbai"..

..i call it sheer insensitivity.

Popular Posts