Mumbai meri jaan

Don’t know if i ever mentioned this before. Its one of my deepest ,darkest fears. I thought and still think that I’ll die with a bullet in my chest, fired by a hooded man who would come on a red motorbike or a Maruti Omni, stop in front of me and fire. And I’d die just like that an anonymous death. And this possibility doesn’t seem like an impossibility anymore.

 

When I saw the mad mad terror attacks this morning, I thought, I had escaped. And sitting so far, I feel awfully guilty. To leave my friends behind. When Bangalore, Hyderabad and other metros came under attack a few months back, I feared going to crowded places, or even travel by autos. Call it existential crisis or a straight lift of Madhavan’s character in Mumbai Meri Jaan, the people behind these mindless attacks had succeeded in what they were attempting- instilling a fear. But today more than fear there is anger in me, and it is such a violent one. I am shaking in anger. I can’t for my life of it believe that they open fired. How could they?

 

Oh this is such a helpless feeling. What next? Who next? Open Firing on people I read on NDTV…  is this a fucking movie? I hope to hell the bastards are caught and hung. My heart bleeds for you Mumbai. I hope you are back, that way you always are, with your spirit intact, fearless, full of life.

Comments

the pleasantone said…
Bravo girl! i hope that the horrible people will stop all this bloodshed.....the "F"ing world is going to the dogs....terrorism and violence seem so common...one wonders when all this will stop!

Popular Posts