Bollywood love songs and romance

Tracer Bullet’s compelling post on Love, took me on a complete mush trip of Bollywood music. I started recalling all those love songs I hummed, while I fell in and out of love :-). Here are a few of them, two are Bengali film numbers, a little out of  context…but Love is a universal language, no?

 

Tracer, this is a straight lift from your blog! Thanks and sorry for this out right plagiarism. Just that this song has left me so happy and nostalgic about ‘those’ days. Come to think of it, bollywood/Indian Cinema has been such a loyal companion and ready help in our romances. Music in fact, remained the only constant, while romance bloomed and fizzled!   There is a song for every situation – I am in love, I am going to fall in love, I think I am in love, he loves me loves me not, I am not in love, thank you for this love, love is in the air, this is the season of love, love is poison, love is dangerous, I dont love you any more………….endless possibilities, myriad songs.

 

Here goes my most favourite Bollywood and Bong numbers -

 

From the film Love

 

 

Pehla Nasha from JJWS

 

 

Na jaane kyon from Choti Si baaat

 

 

Tumse milke from Parinda

 

 

 

 

 

Koi yeh kaise bataayein from Arth

 

 

 

 

Tumi je amaar from Harano Sur (Bengali).

 

 

Ai raat tomaar Amaar from Deep jele jai (bengali)

 

 

 

Tere Bina Zindagi se koi from Aandhi

 

 

 

 

Ghazab ka hai din from QSQT

 

 

 

Mujhe ja na kaho meri jaan from Anubhav (Geeta Dutt)

 

 

 

 

How mesmerizing. Can we ever thank God enough for music?

Comments

the pleasantone said…
great fun! thanks appu!
Tracer Bullet said…
hey thanks babe... i love all these songs...and especially the anubhav no..."mujhe ja na kaho" ... sure we cannot thank god enuf for the gift of music... now i feel like posting some more of my fav numbers.... yeiii :D

Popular Posts