When your wife takes a back seat

Well, i literally take the back seat in the car now a days. Meeshu's safety et al. But talking about it figuratively, I have realised that i have indeed taken a back seat in my husband's life off late. This thought has triggered from a series of incidents, some of it are silly, but they add up to the 'back seat' bit, you know what i mean, don't u, blog.
Sample this. On our way to my office, Raj (he has been very kind lately to drop me off at work) suddenly makes a face and says 'I need to go to Forum (Mall) today, man'. This came as a super surprise to me coz, he'd rather go to a local kirana shop than enter a mall. Well, i asked why. The answer- 'my managers are getting their bonus letters today. I thought while handing over their letters, I'll give them a book too as a gesture of appreciation'. Those of you reading this will, am sure, react - ' ah! what a nice boss!' My reaction to this was not all that encouraging and optimistic, though. The last time my husband went all out of his way to do/get (me) something was ...ummm....aaa...hmmmmm...in 2002, when he was desperately trying to impress me. That was about the last time. After that whatever I got was like - 'pick up whatever baby, I am standing there, let me know when i gotta pay.'
Forget surprising me with anything, he doesn't even give it a thought. Of course, he pays the electric city bills, our maid bills, our dinner bills, my lingerie bills...but then it doesn't have the warmth and love that 'giving away books with bonus letters to my bachchas at work' has.

Thats not all. He calls me immediately after he dropped me off (another rarity). And in a child like voice asks me, ' baby will you permit me to come late today, like at 3 am?' HELLLLO!!!! Since When did this permission seeking begin?? when i asked him what would keep him away that long - (i suspected some shitty customer meeting as always), he told me, 'oh! we boys plan to get together, get some beer and watch India Srilanka play'!

Need i say more?

These are just two instances. There are plenty more, but are too complicated to be stated here.

So then, tell me blog, is this what every relationship comes to? And why the **** are we from Venus and they from ****ing mars!!!

BTW, i am working tomorrow!! For once, he'll baby sit.

Comments

Popular Posts