Summer and you

Its sweltering hot,
and while it is so, I think of you,
mangoes and our Guava tree.
Summer does that to me.

Remember how I climbed on my favourite branch
to mug history essays?
With every boring para, I took short snack breaks,
crawled on to other branches,
and plucked those sun ripened greenish yellow fruit.

I shared them with you.
Though, you preferred raw mangoes
with red chilli and salt.
You had yours, sitting on the kitchen steps
while I had mine perched up there.

It is as hot these days,
and the tree and you are on my mind.
I get glimpses of the tree.
But you,
I can barely see you.

Do you think of me?
Of the butterfly catching expeditions we went on?
Surely you didn't forget the cycle!
Or, have you?

Tell me, do you still think of me,
perched on the Guava tree?

Do you?





Comments

Satrupa said…
Nice one ! Good to see your post after a long time.

Cheers,
Satrupa
Scribbler :) said…
This post should also be titled "Break ke baad"!!
Where is the blogger in you? Totally taken over by the jewelry-designer in you??

So much for scolding you.

Nice post. Fresh. Green. Young.
And reminded me that I haven't had any mangoes yet.
vicious said…
KG this one was simply awesome ...oh , how i loved it ..each word , every line ...
it both wrenched my heart and put a smile on my lips ...
its an absolute delight to read u !
@satrupa: thanks, much! I know I need a whack!

@Scribbler: :*( . Scholding me in full public view? *Sniff*
Thanks though for the -nice post.fresh.green. young- part :D

@Vicious: awww. u made my day. U guys know what it means to not write- simply a lack of words and thoughts flowing out of u. Extreme Weather strangely has a creative effect on me. :D I wasn't all that sure about this one, because i thought i was indeed out of touch with my writing. But thanks- u people make me feel great :)
Anonymous said…
Nice to see a post after a long time! Nice one too :)

And isn't it bloody hot??!!!! Must be more so where you live...yesterday was the worst!!
Treenz said…
Liked this one!! Good to read you again :).
D said…
Really, really like!
D said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hey nice breezy poem.
Debanjana said…
Written for your brother? I like the lyrical quality of this one
Sandhya Menon said…
YOu never came back to tell you me who you were. Guava tree and mangoes. Nice :)
Anonymous said…
This is lovely! Beautifully written!

Popular Posts