Nostalgia is a horrid thing

Know what, nostalgia sucks. Its a nosy little prick and always wants room for a night, for free , always at your place. And he comes knocking without a warning. A lousy, useless, thing- this nostalgia. Yesterday I got a visit out of the blue, when I was talking to Phish-phish. Turned out madam was travelling to Dilli by train, and then the darned chai-wala had to do a chai-chai number on the platform. And I had to  hear him on the phone. That’s where the little prick boarded MY train.

It hasn’t left me yet. And it is not fun anymore reveling in old times. Why the hell is that when we talk of ‘good times’, its always yesterday, in the past?  Its a load of crap and I am not giving in anymore to nostalgia. No, sir. I feel old when I do that. And feel as miserable as the German Soccer team (they lost, they lost!). Though I can’t be happier that they lost- a paradox?! 

So then, as Mr.. George Wildman Ball apparently said,  yes ‘ Nostalgia is a seductive liar’. 

A few updates that you must have already noticed:

I now blog for Vogue.in. For their reader’s blog, on jewellery related posts. This happened via Silveratti – my silver blog, I so so love. I’m on cloud nine to be blogging there!

I won that Blog Adda contest. Pringoo sent a personalized mug to my dad. It has Mishmash’s pic on it and now rests as a prized trophy in my parent’s ‘show-case’ amongst assorted knick-knacks , wondering if they’ll ever use if for a cuppa!

And I have put on 3 kilos.

So long for now. And for all my pals who’ve tagged me, a little patience please. KG is down with the nostalgia bug.

Comments

Sharmila said…
Make friends with nostalgia ... sit it down with your cuppa of chai and talk to it. Btw .. loved that line "Why the hell is that when we talk of ‘good times’, its always yesterday, in the past?" :-)
And am in love with your blog on silver trinkets now. :-)
And oh .. congrats! :-)
Scribbler :) said…
Horrible, horrible, nostalgia. Has got a permanent residence at my place. The taste of rain...or the sound of the ice-cream man...and I don't need a ticket to go back! It's good sometimes...but the after-taste is bad!

Get well soon, dear. Big hugs.
By the way....I loooove the blog's look. Wish I had such a book shelf at home.

And Oh! Congrats on winning the blog prize! Well deserved, indeed.
manikarn said…
Hey Congrats! and I love seductive liars, btw... but did you guess that already?
Sharmila: aar kee korte pari? Cha khelaam. Bhaablaam. Beshi bondhutto korte chainaa. No point befriending - its a treacherous thing. Silver blog is good? oh yaay! :) Whats cooking?

@Scribbler: we must have some mechanism to stop it. Sometimes its ok..but you know with us...we are perpetually in the past. its a horrible thing.

@Manikarn: hehehe. oh btw, this profile pic is nice :D
Vinita Apte said…
Ah yes...Nostalgia can be a bitch...get well soon :)

Love the new look of your blog :)
Congratulations for winning the competition and also writing for Vogue..this is cool..
Aparna said…
I knew it! The post was awesome and you deserved to win. Now go get some more girl!!!
And nostalgia, the less I say anything about it, the better.
little boxes said…
oh nostalgia is like that lump that forms in the throat but never gives you the relief of tears.
one has to live with it.
and your blog amazes me :)
LP: i dont know what i did. I dont like this narrow look on my blog! everything is so small! oh God what did i do!!! cant undo it!

Aparna: thanks for so much faith! :) Did feel great !

Little boxes: oh thanks, girl! yes about that nostalgia bit..let it be, let it be.
manikarn said…
that's gadhesh :)
Primitive Lyric said…
Congrats on winning the contest..and on blogging for vogue.in. That is so cool!:)
The mug with Meeshu's picture is too precious to be used for tea/coffee.That needs to be embalmed and treasured up on purpose for years to come when it will transform into NOSTALGIA with all its sweetness.
Discovering M said…
Nostalgia - all the more because you are as far away as practically possible from back home.. ( btw - where is your home Sydney or India? )

CONGRATS on the bigadda !!!!!!! happy for you !!!

Popular Posts