Julie and KG

Saw Julie and Julia last night. And last night was perhaps the first night where I dreamt of chocolate recipes the entire night. Needless to say, I woke up really hungry. More about the film- what a splendid film! The reason I loved this film so much was probably because I saw so many shades of Julie in me. Mostly the bad shades. Or lets just say the i-wish-i-could-change-these ones. Julie’s inability to finish just about anything she undertakes, her lack of accomplishments- despite her talents, the way she sets to blog, damn, even the way she whips- actually I am almost Julie’s mirror image. But for her petite figure. Oh, and the way she loves cooking. How it settles her- that’s so me.

The film, really inspired me. And predictably it stopped there. Doesn’t inspiration make people do things – but me, it only makes me dream some more. Or maybe, it me and not Ms. Inspiration’s imperfections at play. I am going severely wrong somewhere. But where?

However I think if one answers the question that Julia’s husband asks in the film,  life should indeed get less complicated-

what is it that you really love doing? 

Julia in the movie said, eat.

I don’t know my answer yet. I love too many things, to decide on one. That’s probably why I am so stuck-in-a-rut. Nothing seems to move. May be I ain’t pushing it hard enough. Whatever, it may be, I am not in the best state of mind.

(Didn’t I somewhere just write the words- I AM INSPIRED? I hate being a Gemini)

Comments

phish phish said…
hmmmmm...familiar feeling that.
Indy said…
Oh did u enjoy the move...I haven't seen it yet...perhaps I shd , going by what you say! :) how have u been?
Casuarina said…
I'm a GEMINI too :-)

But I have to agree, I feel so like you most of the time...and I don't like that feeling ! :-(
Anonymous said…
huuummm.... I'm a Leo... what does that say about me??
indranil said…
its never to late to walk your dreams.. all of them... all your aspirations.... want's wishes desires... and as you walk on, you shall find a few things which excite you more than the others and as one evolves which does happen in various ages and stages you shall finally pin point one attribute you are passionate about. and that shall remain in your core mould.


one gets inspired by a lot of things but slowly when the light dawns it brightens up only one facet which you would want to die for.

it takes its own sweet time but it happens. and this i state from my personal experiences as pitted against the platter of Julia's characteristics.
Aeish said…
Haha i'm a Gemini too and i can't wait to see this movie..I know now i must :D
Unknown said…
Why....I have been asking myself the same question over the last week...exact same thoughts, Appu. I don't my answer yet..I even thought of taking a year off and going to India (may be travel around) and hopefully the answer will come. But there are just thought..sigh!!
Unknown said…
Why....I have been asking myself the same question over the last week...exact same thoughts, Appu. I don't my answer yet..I even thought of taking a year off and going to India (may be travel around) and hopefully the answer will come. But there are just thought..sigh!!
phish phish: let's do something about it, gal.

Indy: did you get to watch the film this weekend? I've been good, lady. youuuu? :)

Casuarina: I generally attract geminines on to my blog!! And i know exactly how you feel most of the time :). We must have our heads checked :D.

Patty: you shouldn't have an issue. You are the leader, making your decisions.. no conflicts with people you live wth... so on and so forth. Basically you should be glad you are not a confused gemini!

IK: That's something I've heard, read and mulled over many a times. But waiting for that flash of brilliance tires me. Or may be 'that attribute' always eludes me. I'm trying to clear up the scene- too many loves and likes. Need to focus on that one thing, and hopefully this task will happen automatically and won't tax my cerebral faculties too much. But, thank you :).

Aiesh: Oh Gawd, you too?? :) Welcome to the looney club, dearie. you must watch the film, more so if you are a foodie too!

Sarika: babe, taking a break might be a good idea after all. We should have had one of these deeep conversations when we met! ;) Hugs girl, and am sure you'll get a sign soon enough.
Unknown said…
I totally agree. But see, because I met you after soo many years..I was just being shy(for the lack of any better word). It is not like me to be like that..but I cannot explain. I wish I had more time in Sydney. I would have enjoyed the converstation :(
Scribbler :) said…
Watched the movie yesterday after reading your blog. Though Julie is everything that I am not, I quite liked the movie (except when Amit suggested that I could join a cooking class too).
scribbler: OH. MY.GOD. YOU ARE ALIVE?

Popular Posts