I Love You, Daddy

 

ssp 

(Oh yaaay, oh yaaay!!)

Because I was always the one standing in front,
between your arms,
holding on to the handle of your blue Bajaj scooter.

Because you always picked the bones
from my piece of fish.

Because you always bit a piece of the guava
before giving it to me.                                              
Ensuring I got the sweetest one, much like Shabari .

Because you came just for me,
to save me from the dreaded bus ride,
in that black and yellow taxi.

Because you waited anxiously, yet patiently,
when I got home late.

Because you sat behind my Scooty
and shouted into my ears- i’ll get you that loan, don’t worry.

Because you cried like a baby,
when your lil girl went away to be someone else's.

Because you fumed and raged
when you saw me wronged.

Because you came home with goodies every evening
when I was expecting my mini-me.

Because you held her, just the way you might have held me
when I was born.

Because you love her, the way you loved me,
only more.

Because I know when you hold her,
you see me in her.

And because you are MY Daddy,
the best one can ever be.

Happy birthday Dad.

Comments

manikarn said…
whoa! that's a nice one :)
the pleasantone said…
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! boy you got my waterworks going!!!!!!Nothing to beat dad's i say!!!! happy birthday uncle!!!!
indranil said…
Wonder full..... just as John Lennon would have said, "Close your eyes, have no fear// The monster's gone he's on the run and your dad is near...."
phish phish said…
that was beautiful...! and a very happy birthday to mesho.
phish phish said…
and yet again...great template :D
Anonymous said…
Awww...lovely!!!
Thanks you all. I guess it resonates with all.

Vinz, seeing u around for the first time..or have u been here before? Welcome, either ways and thank you!
Starry-eyed nut said…
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....lovely, each bit and so true each word!
hey that was beautiful..

missing my daddy.. :(

happy birthday to him

p.s was just passing by
~G said…
Awwwwwww.... Wonderful poem.

and yeah, you have been tag-ofied. :) Go see.
Indy said…
Oh God...How beautiful...such a special poem for your wonderful father!God bless him on his birthday!
Hey all, thank you profusely..this means much to me- and dad will be happy to know he has so many well wishers!

Welcome here @ committed to life!

And peoples, this post was selected for Blog Adda's Spicy Saturday Picks :D. Thank you all!
Samadrita said…
I'm truly on the brink of tears right now.Thanks for writing this :)
And a very happy birthday to your wonderful father :)
Casuarina said…
Thank you.And a very happy b'day to this amazing dad !
Casuarina said…
Thank you.And a very happy b'day to this amazing dad !
@sammy, Casuarina: will pass on your wishes.

And thanks for stopping by Sammy. I am currently on your space trying to read up all I can!
phish phish said…
CONGRATULATIONS :D :D
Paroma Sen said…
Just read this, and liked it very much. Was thinking of my dad all along.

Popular Posts