A socially responsible post

OK, so I have been told to do some socially responsible blogging. Apparently i write too much about self, and contribute little towards making this Earth a greener, better place. So here’s my bit to try and clear conscience.

Not many things catch my eye, unless of course,  it is about food. But this did- the url -- faff.me . It stands for Fight Against Fossil Fuels. Its a site trying to promote awareness about the crazy levels of poison we inhale, no thanks to our automobiles. If you do a quick search you’ll generate about 76,00,000 results with studies being conducted all over the globe to tell you a simple truth- If fossil fuel emissions continue to increase at this rate, the carbon storage capacity of the land and oceans will decrease and climate warming will accelerate. Not just that, Fossil Fuels are are used by human 100,000 times faster than they are made. Fossil Fuels take millions of years to form, and they are non –renewable. I know, a scary scenario, considering the fact that Fossil Fuels supply 90 % of the world’s energy.

So faff.me wants you to fight against it- Say NO to CO2 it says. This is how -

image

The way Faff.me promotes its message is cool. Instead of big bold headlines all over the city, which people will read and forget, they have initiated a campaign to upload videos that expose Fossil Fuel and the automobiles that run on them. There’s a cash prize for the greedy souls too, for the highest number of video hits on YouTube.

I know, fighting against the use of Fossil Fuels, especially by automobiles, is nothing but pointing a finger at your own self. Well, a little self education, doesn't hurt. For starters, how about considering the use of alternate source of energy? You know solar, hydro, wind- all free and renewable sources of energy. maybe, we don’t need that second car, you know?

I know its easier said than done. And with the likes of Nano- I think I know where we’ll all end up---- in a global gas chamber.

After all this, if you still don’t know how you can help, just spread this message. That’s one good thing done for today.

Comments

Discovering M said…
hey! fossil fuels pay my bills:-P

but will pass the message around :-) .. even at the risk of being jobless in a few years time
Discovering M said…
hey - i posted something on being socially responsible as well :-)

Popular Posts