An Ode to Paracetamol

Do you know what it means to have a friend like you,

always in stock, dutifully waiting (in the cupboard),

to be consumed,

to relieve me off unpleasantness.

 

You are like that one friend,

one can call, at any time of the night,

and are sure to be understood,

forgiven, loved and soothed into oblivion.

 

You are omnipresent, like the one above,

inside my purse, in the draw, in my jeans pockets, on the kitchen counter,

you show up, always, when I need you the most,

to tell me, hey, relax, gulp me down, chillax and let me take your cares away.

 

You are my Talisman

my love, my pillar, my rock.

Only you know what it really takes

to shoo the pain away.

 

 

Technorati Tags:

Comments

Scribbler :) said…
I know...and I agree :) If anything is worth writing an ode for these days..it's gotta be a paracetamol.
Anaka said…
Hilarious!! Now, why was that an ode?
Hi Anaka, thanks for stoppng by. Cant quite decide why this had to be an ode, though. :D

Popular Posts