The Konk effect

Last weekend when Ananya came over, we watched Dil kabddi again. Somehow watching this movie with girl friends makes it so much more fun! Between sips of Absolut vodka, I realised how similar I am to both Meeta (Soha) and Simi(Konk). More of Simi, actually. 'Passive aggressive'- it defines her character perfectly, and the more I think about her character, it feels so me.

Sample this conversation between R and me

R: Yummmy! I love this briyani

KG: Thanks. Its a bit salty na..

R: no...not really...

KG: what do u mean by not really...u mean, it is a lil salty then...

R: No, man. It's not. Chill.

KG: Do you want achaar..it will balance the taste

R: No. KG: ok

R: wait, do you want some? KG: It's ok.....only if you want , u can get some for me too.

(R gets up  to get me some pickle )

KG: you want green chilly?

R: I'll get you one

KG: no no. That’s ok. I just wanted to know if you wanted any...its pretty low on mirchi

R: No, I don't.

KG: Ok. I thought if you did, you could get me one too. But it's ok.

R: Babe, just ask, and i'll get you. Ato complicate korcho kano bepar ta ke

KG: I was just seeing to it that you enjoy the goddamn biriyani.

R: Oh, but I am! Its you. You have a problem with it. Not me.

KG: Fine. I'll never ever ask again. Poocho to problem, nahin poocho to problem. Forget it.

(R continues to change channels)

I do this so often to him, that on realizing this now, I feel terrible!! :D And and I so hope Raj isn't telling his friends about his grief like Irrfan Khan about how bad I make him feel about the remote not being in its place :D :D

Signing off with Rhat Fateh Ali's Zindagi Yeh.

 

Comments

Scribbler :) said…
Have been meaning to watch this movie for long...now with this post of yours, MUST absolutely watch it! And if I can't lay my hands on it, it's your responsibility to courier a dvd from Sydney.
pick it up today!!! you will love it, am sure :).
phish phish said…
have not seen the movie but it sounds like my conversation with Joy...!
A Bookworm said…
I stumbled upon your blog one morning and I have loved every post.
Adding you to my blog list.
@phish phish: i think u too are more of a konk , thought i see deep shades of meeta in you, esp when it coes to a few things...please watch the film and lemme know :D

@ Bookworm: thanks for adding me to your blogroll, its quite something, knowing i have exactly 4 and a half fans in the blogspehere, and all are nuts. :). Thanks for stopping by.
indranil said…
was wondering who i clone better in the film..

the suave rahul bose, with his refined ways and perect positioning with a logn term plan..

OR
the straight forward Irfaan Khaan with his multi festih atrributes with a single point agenda...

some of the dialogies are just brilliant...
Tracer Bullet said…
heheh... :) i cudn't make myself watch this movie for two reasons... one i hate adultery related flicks... jst simply hate them.... and after the dialog: Simi, kisiko bhi pagal bana sakti hai" by Simi's ex boy-friend.... i just had to shut the system off... :P

Popular Posts