On a day like today

The sky is an endless stretch of grey today. And I have been listening to this, over and over again. Sometimes you feel like listening to the same song, endlessly. And on days like these, I stare at the pouring rain and think of how we had shared endless cups of lebur cha and coffee, and wished we could do it today. This ones for you Phish Phish.

 

 

 

Amar sharatadin meghla akash..
brishti tomake dilam..
Shudhu srabon sondhatuku...
tomar kachhe cheye nilam...

Amar sharatadin meghla akash..
brishti tomake dilam..


Ridoyer janalae chokh mele rakhi..
Batasher bashite kan pete thaki...
Takei kachhe deke,Moner aangina theke...
Brishti tomake tobu firiye dilam.....
Amar sharatadin meghla akash..
brishti tomake dilam..


Tomar hathei hok ratri rochona
Ei amar shopno shukher bhabona
Cheyechhi pete jake, Chaina harate take
Brishti tomake tha-e fire chaina.....
Amar sharatadin meghla akash..
brishti tomake dilam..

 

(Srikanto Acharjo)

Comments

Tracer Bullet said…
i used to love this song loads u know... and used to listen to it endlessly... but then Srikanto came to Hyd for some show organized by Bangali Samity and behaved ultra bad... showed major attitude...refused to sing Rabindra Sangeet (which is his forte), spoke a lot of crap!!! i lost all respect for the man... and I couldn't make myself listen to this song ever again :( even his velvet voice couldn;t do the trick....
@tracer, why bring angst and bitterness into music. I heard of what had happened at Ravindra bharati...so what if he is a prick. I think its a beautiful song. Tracer bullet apna gussa kam karo. :D
indranil said…
the programm was not a bangali samity solo event but a Presidency college- Hyd alumni and hyd bangali samity joint presentation
actualy u know what, i remember being there. raj and I were there. Then when the murmurs began to get stronger with half the people complaining and srikanto also grumbling, raj and I slipped out, had mirchi bhajji that was being made behind. had out fill and left. And yes, it comes back to me that it was organised by presidency and HBS.
phish phish said…
baby...have been so nostalgic this entire month. I want rains...I want pune...our terrace ledge and all the singing...I want lebu cha...I want you...

Popular Posts