Why KG would rather walk

A few days back, I decided, I needed to shed a few pounds. But I was in a hurry. I still haven't figured out this trait of mine. why am I in a hurry to conquer this world? All that I need, and want to do, has to be NOW. I need an Ipod NOW, I need to have a cheesecake NOW, I want to see Ma NOW, I want to lose weight NOW. Now, that was not possible. But Dippy had embarked upon the very popular GM diet and apparently lost more weight. I emphasise on 'more' because I haven’t seen an extra ounce of weight on any part of Dippy's body. She is as sexy and fit as a girl would dream to be. But she found fat somewhere, and burnt it, in one week. Exciting! So, I decided to give it a try too.

Imagine, just a week, and out comes a slim and sexy KG. Besides, the husband will be glad too. But honestly, the diet was more of a mind game for me than a game of shedding weight. I wanted to see if I could hold ground, and complete the diet, without giving in to Satan's temptation, that comes in a round shape with a hole in the middle. They are also called doughnuts. So I began the sojourn, with a refrigerator stocked with all that was prescribed. But I lost. On day 5, at 4.30 pm, I headed straight to the fridge and opened that box of Doughnuts and had, one after another- two full sugary cinnamony doughnuts. And like that was not sin enough, I opened the cupboard above the fridge and took out Haldiram's Murukku. Mechanically I ate. Then mailed Dippy, a self defamatory, soppy email, telling her , I was rather useless. Next call was harder- it was to the husband. He had been a big support (because I had asked him to be and he showed such keen interest, I knew he really wanted me to shape up)- he hadn't eaten well all through those 5 days- because I had declined to cook, what with all the excessive veggie and fruit chopping I had to do, to keep my stomach full. And he had ensured I didn't give up at all. So while he made me cook prawn curry and dosa for his friend and him, he convinced me, I would love fruit salad, in a manner that told me- if you can't do this much, you can't do much. So, when I finally told him, he guffawed, mercilessly.

That episode is over. Oh, and i did lose 2.5 kgs in 5 days. But the tragedy was, I had lost the battle with my mind.

And then I embarked upon this walk. Allow me to take you through this:

 

DSC03274

 

DSC03289

 

 

DSC03317

 DSC03299

DSC03334

ucheck out the gear, his gift. :)(Check out the ipod gear :D :D, his gift :D )

 

Sigh! After this walk, I knew what it meant to be one with the nature. And while I enjoyed my Ipod and walked by this beautiful bay, I burnt some flab too.

 

Know what, this is a classic case of – ‘Those grapes are sour.

Comments

indranil said…
i do not know how fat or slim Dippy is becos i havent seen her or any part of her body which may or may not have fat. but i shall atke your word for it

but once many years ago i tried the GM diet and ran it for a full 6.5 days of the 7 day duration. last day evening i had a oficce do and let go. but let me tell u GM diet does wonders.. i lost aboyt 3 kgs in that loop..i wish i cud do it again and again.but again the world has so much chocolates that needs to be devoured. so GM can wait for another day.......
Kaku, how many times have u been beaten up? :D Daddy G, Dippy's man, might want to say a few words to you, if he gets to read this comment. :D

GM does wonders for sure. I have been trying to do it for years now, and its a great detox diet too. Anyway, like u said, there are way too many chocolates and cheesecakes waiting to be consumed. Lets work for a cause and get to work:).
2.5 kgs is quite something. And that snap of urs with the ipod...is AWESOME.
the pleasantone said…
sweets i read it but was called away by the waking of my son and ever sice havent been online! i loved the path you take for your walk ,i loved the pic! but regards the diet believe me when i say how long can one live on gaas poos???? not for long then all the 2.5 kgs will be right back on! so iam not very keen on diets in fact i am a bit cheesed off with this world and diets and overweight and hotness God is anybody happy with their bodies...sorry my yo -yoing weight has seen me lose my mental stabiltiy so i have thought up of something! will let you know my cha lover when i write to you!
Mims: u really think that pic is good? I out it up despite my head asking me not to coz, my primary aim was to show off the ipod gear :D:D. 2.5 kgs is good? i wanted to lose 7 kg :).

@pleasantone: whatever u think up, ensure u have chocolates, doughnuts and chicken biriyani in the scheme of things u are drawing up.
Discovering M said…
the walk must have been beautiful - nice pics.

viva donuts!

Popular Posts