I don't mean to disrespect you Hemonto....but..

When Meeshu was born, I was every bit sure of the kind of music she would grow up listening to. It had to be Rabindra Sangeet (the fact that I was not trained in this beautiful genre of music will remain a regret all my life), and a healthy does of rock (courtesy: Rajdeep). My intention was also to expose Meeshu to finer aspects of being a Bengali, which her father clearly lacks. (And it is important she is exposed only to the finer aspects, few of my readers know my perception on bongs and their like).

But little did we know that our two footer will take to Bollywood hits and sway to kiss me kiss me kiss me, and Om Shanti Om.

DSC00768But that's besides the point. The day Meeshu was born, I would put Meeshu to sleep with Hemanta Mukherjee's rendition of Rabindra Sangeet playing in the background. I tried other singers and other genres too. But Meeshu somehow took to one particular CD of Hemanta - she'd sleep only to those numbers. I was pretty thrilled. But little did i realise that this would NEVER change. Its 2 and a half years now, and Meeshu refuses to sleep to any other CD but that. And its not played just once while she passes into a deep slumber - every afternoon the CD has to play at least 3 times (3 hours) till she wakes up from her beauty nap, and at least twice in the nights. In case she wakes up to a nightmare of raj's snore (which is very often), then the first thing one has to do iss press the play button!

You know, listening to the same CD more than 6 times a day, everyday, can get a little torturous. :-). Its almost cruel.

I have been working from home these days and I cannot tell you how much I am enjoying listening to 'aami tomaar preme....' to the fiftieth time. Yaaay! 

Comments

the pleasantone said…
As beautiful as is sounds babe! i think you are lying i think the whole thing is grating on your nerves and you are putting up with it coz of mish!
ha ha kidding...i loved it when i heard it playing but i think its time to retire the C.D think it had gone wonky at parts!
moonstruckmoth said…
U've got a cute li'l doll there :)

BTW, ur post reminded me of that scene frm that silent film Pushpak, where Kamal Hasan cant sleep in a nice posh hotel, coz he's used to the soundtrack of whichever movie's being screened in the theatre next to his house...he finally goes back to his old house n records it! N plays it in his nice quiet hotel room, so he cld sleep peacefully!

It's funnier in the movie, than can be put in words :)
@pleasantone: its gone wonky and how! but meesh is adamant..and u've seen how obstinate she can get. But not bad eh, she is obstinate bout listening to Rabindra Sangeet? :)
@moonstruckmoth: thanks for stopping by. And thanks for the compliments as well :).

Pushpak! You brought back a smile with a mention of that film!
Fighter Jet said…
ha ha ha...LOL :)
Gargi said…
wow!! this is to die for!! I havent been able to make my husband listen to rabindrasangeet...my hopes are pinned on the next generation!

Popular Posts