For you, a thousand times over.

Those of you, who have read Khaled Hosseni's Kite Runner, will know how deep those lines run. I saw the movie last night, and couldn't decide if the movie was better or the book. While reading The Kite Runner, I found it really difficult to imagine a colourful Kabul. A rich Kabul, with a Mustang on its roads, and a lavish party with women dancing freely, is difficult to imagine owing to the overdose of Taliban images, flashed across every TV channel. My imagination would either run too wild or I couldn't imagine at all. When I saw the film, I felt like reading the book again. The film shows women in off shoulder dresses dancing with men to music and wine - it was like seeing Afghanistan in a light no one has seen or known. It was like envisioning Pakistan after seeing Khuda Ke Liye.

A lot of people have disliked the adaptation. A lot have said that the screenplay is a straight lift from the film. Well, I didn't mind that at all. And the scene when Hassan runs the blue kite for Amir, its as heart rending as the narration in the book.

I was wondering how there is a little bit of Amir Jan in all of us. Sorry for generalising. At least I have an Amir in me. Its way too difficult to be a Hassan. BTW, Hassan's character in the film is cute as hell. See the video below.

Go see. If you're in a mood for some deep stuff.

There is a way to be good again.

Signing off with a trailer of the film.

Comments

Popular Posts