is it ok to hire women?

Its been a while i came to this page. Amidst Purchase orders and logistical nightmares in Mumbai, i wasn't sure what will make me more happy- being back home or dying.

Guess the latter is just wishful thinking. This was the very first time i left Mish mash for a full one week and wasn't sure how things would turn out. I t though will never know what went through the poor one's head, but i sure was not able to bear it beyond a point. The feeling of being back with her was so 'sublime' :). She said- mama i laab eeu. Big fat tears rolled down my cheeks. I cursed myself for not knowing what i clearly wanted in life- a career or a family.

And this morning the worm just left me speechless. He said these are reasons why Neil french said women can't have a career. He got sacked.

I have been attacked enough and more for having a distorted idea of feminism. But tell me readers, do u think a modern day employer tends to lose out quite a bit on employing women employees? The question is just about whether it is fair for employers to be supportive of their women employees when it comes to family?

Comments

the pleasantone said…
your write up inspired me to write something in response....its not excatly what is wanted to say but hey i said something check it out.
of course it is fair for employers to consider a woman's family. i think they get a fair deal if they hire a woman. they get someone who works only for a stipulated number of hours (mostly) but still ends up finishing the work, someone who does not waste electricity, water and other resources at office (as they don't stay at office when not required), and someone who produces better work (we are the brighter ones..for sure :-p)

And I know just what you are talking about..when it comes to Mish Mash. I cannot imagine not seeing Ishaan for even a day.

But I think it will be better as they grow up a little more. I mean, our moms left us with our grandparents and all when required...and I remember being thrilled about it also...just the fact that mom wasnt around to say anything about anything was thrilling.
Fighter Jet said…
Hum..tough choice...for women..family vs career
Anonymous said…
What bothers me ..is why women are asked this question of balancing family & career..and how come men are not asked, "how do you balance being a father and having a career"?

Sarika

Popular Posts