Daddy

No, its not father's day. I am suddenly missing being with dad. I have been feeling this way for a while now. And seems like dad heard it. (The Secret really works) Because, out of the blue I get this mail:

Dear Tina

Lest you cannot recognise me, I am sending this photograph, in advance.

With Love

Daddy

Attached was this picture of dad - semi bald (he had to shave daddyhis head after Dada passed away. And now what grows back is all grey.)

I don't really like it. I don't like dad greying. Dad has always been this young hero like personality for me. In fact, I think he looks so much like film star Dharmender. When I saw Om Shanti Om and saw Dharmender dancing, I clutched Raj's hand and said, 'doesn't dad look so much like him?' Raj of course was a little unsure. Well, if he thinks he looks like Akshaye Khanna, and his dad looks like Amol Palekar, then, my family too has  filmy looks to compete with.

But then I guess, everyone has grey hair at some point in time in their lives. That however, is not indicative of the fact that one is growing older. Nah. Not MY daddy. He is the most handsome and a person with the most liveliest of attitudes and completely '24' at heart.

I see so much of myself in this picture, especially in his smile.As years pass by daddy, I see more of you in me.

Looking forward to your visit. And there is not way, Tina won't recognise her Daddy - her favourite-est person in the family.

Daddy, you are the best!

Comments

neha vish said…
Man! I think my dad looks like Dharmendra too! (Same pinch!!)
the pleasantone said…
uncle looks great man! dad's are dads,grey hair or not....they'll always be our very first guy! tell uncle he looks cool!

Popular Posts