Shampoo sachets -- flashback

Bought a new bottle of shampoo- Fiama Di Wills. I still can't figure what motivated me to pick it up..it's quite bad... need topick up another brand, my favourite - Herbal Essences, on my way back home, today. Shampoos...this word takes me back to when i was about ten years old. When Ma washed my hair with those horrible red coloured shikakai soaps...we graduated to shikakai powder- herbal power, which took off more hair than the dirt from the scalp. The next step up was Reetha (soap nut)- which was soaked over night and the soapy water used to shampoo the hair...all was well till it went into ma's eye one day and she almost went blind....so Reetha was stopped too. And then came the era of shampoos...and with it their share of advertising- long tresses and beautifully packaged bottles with unimaginable colours! (I still go a little bonkers about shampoo ads..i am any advertiser's delight actually. I always try a newly launched product...Fiama, the disaster happened like that!)

Halo and Sunsilk are the two brand names that i can still remember from those days. Look what Sunsilk has turned into! Blog-shog and all...and then shampoos for coloured hair..full international ishtyle. Anyways...those days, we lived very modestly. We couldn't afford bottles of shampoo...so we bought sachets. Ma never allowed me to use the entire sachet (i used to pronounce it with a t)...i was given half the sachet and the rest was kept away for the next wash which was most often than not the next Sunday!

Those days bring a smile on my face....i think we lived more and valued all things around us more...I remember I always fought with my mother on this shampoo issue and told her - 'when i grow big i will buy full bottles of shampoo and shampoo my hair as many times as i want'. :)

Some dreams come true...but such dreams don't give the same kick you'd thought you would get :).

BTW, my mother has also graduated to buying full bottles of shampoo and also buys conditioner separately! Hep!

Comments

Fighter Jet said…
"'when i grow big i will buy full bottles of shampoo and shampoo my hair as many times as i want'.

Some dreams come true...but such dreams don't give the same kick you'd thought you would get"

how true.....god old days/the old memories,even if harsh sems so sweet sometime...liked the post immensly
Unknown said…
I see a lot of updates on the blog....will have to make time to read them. They look interesting.

All work and no play :(

Sarika

Popular Posts