Na sar jhuka hai kabhie....

Only Papas can help you live your life with your head held high. Coz they are the only ones earning big bucks and only they seem to have the foresight of investing in their child's future. Mums are meant to pack tiffin boxes and talk to their daughters about sanitary napkins, giving tips on keeping their dauther's hair lice-free and only moms know of the best oil brand to buy to keep heart attacks away from her family. And of course, they are expected to bring home money too...add to the household income in a small way, they say. Papas are suppossed to do all the serious work- invest.

The HDFC standard life insurance's new 'Papa' campaign has got me all worked up. Stereotypes are very typical to Indian advertising, but i thought we were getting away from them. These insurance and MF ads especially get the better of me. Women and investments is like a mismatched couple. No one thinks of women when it comes to money matters and investment. Even when it comes to educating their daughters, it is always papa who comes to their rescue. And that foolish mother hovers around her supreme husband with a silly smile, with a tray of chai for the entire family.

It is worse in real life- yesterday I went to sign my appointment letter (more of this in my next post). I had to submit my returns...i said i'll submit that in a few days. He said, 'of course ma'am, consult your husband and get back'. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! WTF!

I am an account holder in HDFC and I was considering SIP with them. But now I wont. Let the Papa do it.

On the otherhand, i love the new kitkat 'abla nari' campaign!

Comments

Deeply Dippy said…
you bet! i completely agree. moreso when i'm the one who's doing all the investing!
Fighter Jet said…
ya,cant be disputed....but someof the biggest bankers are women..HSBC,ICICI top honcos are women!....well it was avery sweet post..sounds funny..butthats how i found it!!...

Popular Posts