ONE


Exactly a year back on this day, i was feeling heavy, sweaty and very anxious. I did not know that i would have a new identity in the next 24 hours and i was not anticipating it that soon either. A year back on this day I was thinking of how life would change once the expected new member comes in to be a part of our almost ecentric family. I wondered if she (she it had to be) would look like me at all...i wondered if she would have hair, wondered if i'd die bringing her into this world, wondered a lot of things.

Today, she is a part of us. More than just a part. As I type out this post, she is soundly sleeping in our room listening to some old hindi film numbers. The room heater is on...she likes being warm like her mother. She has no idea that her grandparents will be visiting her tomorrow to be part of the big day.

Sometimes I stare at her, trying to see myself in her. But i see more of raj in her. When i stop staring and listen to her and observe her, i see myself in her...she is so much like me that way...her expressions, the way she looks, the way she emotes anger, the way she smiles, the way she ignores people she doesnt like, the way she loves people she likes.

She turns one tomorrow. ONE. Such a tiny number, yet so big. Compared to what she was a year back when she was in my arms :). May God bless you my baby.

Comments

IamwhatIam said…
meeshu is a darling .bless her many more wonderful years and joy to you.

Popular Posts