The 7 year W(I)tch!

This Benaroshi is terrible. I wanted a Red one. Not a Maroon one. The hair is tied too high up. The Chondon is messed up . Make up is too loud. I am the world’s worst bride. (As usual he had his trademark silly grin, which gave away nothing. Just a plain genuine, nice smile. What contrasts we were. And to think of this just before we were about to take the seven rounds).

I think you look gorgeous. Even more beautiful that I had imagined you to look. *smiles*

This gold looks ridiculous. XYZ said some shit about it.

Hey hey baby. Relax. Its our wedding. Can you believe it? Finally.  *smiles*

Uff this garland. Is the Kajol smeared? I forgot to wear perfume. Am I stinking? Munni didn’t turn up and nor did Anu. I had no one by me through the make up. I want to cry.

Can I hold your hand? *Smiles*

What?! Aaah the safety pin. Where is Ma? Why is Ma never around when I need her? Where is Anu? ***** must be drinking at Outswinger  with the rest.

Should I go get her? *smiles*

Shut up. Is the Lipstick too gaudy?

A few more hours. Then you’ll me just mine. *smiles*

How about this? I have to leave my parents. Live in your house.  I’m starving. Haven’t had a morsel for I am supposed to starve or some such shit. Why doesn’t my dad want to do my Kanyaa daan? I want him here. Not kaku. I’m going to cry. When is the wedding going to begin for God’s sake! Everything is pricking me.

Do you want water? Have you taken your Voveran for the back pain? Will you be able to sit through? *Looks very concerned and then, smiles*

These toe rings. And that sandal I wore. I told you I shouldn’t have bought them. And I’m not going back to them for my make-up for the reception. Where in God’s name is Ma?! Nothing is going right. Dada didn’t turn up when he needed to bring me in. Bugger is romancing somewhere. Idiot.

*Smiles* In 4 hours. You will me mine. Just mine. la la la.

(He didn’t have the faintest idea what he was getting into.  revealed very little in my dating years. *Evil grin*. Or maybe he did. He smiled his way through in a  heart warming and genuine manner, like he always does. Listened to every daily soap-style rant of mine. Smiled as if I told him sweet nothings.)

7 years on and he STILL does it. Listens to my pathetic rants and smiles his way through my heart. Unbelievable that I wrote this a year back. Its 2 August again?!

Pardon me, but is it really 2 August ?

A pulsating, crazy, 7 years. No itch there. Just me, the wretched old witch.

Ok I’ll say it. I love you, too.

Comments

Shankari said…
Aww! I think its my first time here. Delurked to say Happy Anniversary! Itchy or not, anniversaries with the right person are the best! :)
~G said…
Aww for all the smiles. He was so happy with the thought that you were gonna be all 'his'. :)
Happy sevenniversary, you two! :D
Happy anniversary! I can almost hear myself in this post. Surreal!!!

Have a fabulous year of togetherness...

cheers,
SuhaelAmrita
Primitive Lyric said…
Happy Anniversary!:)
Here's wishing u both many many more years together.
Hello Shankari, nice of you to stop by to wish us :).

@g: yah babe. ALL his. Now he is ALL bored. AM so darned sure :D Thanks a million!

@Suhael Amrita: thank you so much :). Wuld love to know what rings true for you too!

@Primitice L: :) hugs! Thanks :)
Scribbler :) said…
Again, were you writing about me and A by any chance?

Wishing you many many years of fun-filled togetherness, babe.
Anonymous said…
Hehe...Happy Anniversary! Cute post! :)
indranil said…
7 years gone???? it was just that day when we went as bar-jatri to basera (???) and then boubabath at jaya gardens..... a friend of tania had come form gujrat and i was piling on to her...... and then your USA based mama shoshur was busy palm reading... 7 years passed so soon?????
Paroma Sen said…
Haha, nice one. You sound very much like the voice in my head :)
Happy Anniversary!
@scribbler: :) when will i get to see you .:(

@PB: thanks girl. How is it going?

@IK: SEVEN!! Yes its been long enough , though all that u mentioned seems like just yesterday :)

@paper mache gal: i do? i always wanted to hear your side of the story. You wedding story, i mean. some day surely, over a cuppa or a mug 'o beer?
Casuarina said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Casuarina said…
You know, sometimes I think we're lucky to have found the right person at all...we must be very trying to live with !

At the same time, I'm sure the hubbies must have a similar story to share...there's optimism for you !

Happy Anniversary...7 years...WOW !
Vinita Apte said…
congratulations :) looks like you are made for each other..god bless..
Debanjana said…
Happy Anniversary! And awesome post...very well written, as usual
the mad momma said…
happy happies. we're all completing 7 years i see. here's to many more. *clink*
GB said…
:D mera wala sounds a lot like yours....and I'm not ashamed to say I can be classified as a witch too. and we had our seventh this year as well! okay, its spooking me out now!

:)
Rajlakshmi said…
7 years without itch... and may it continues like that
this is such a cute post :D
belated wishes :)
Monika said…
such a lovely post this one... belated happy anniversary

Popular Posts