The suicide

The good part about being here is,
one can get away with a lot,
almost everything.

Controversies, slander, extra-marital affairs.
But what you don't realise is,
there are people here too,
and they are as real,
as the ones you meet on the road,
in the supermarkets.

All lurking around.
Waiting for the next juicy tid-bit.

You know, I've realised,
its worse than the real thing.
Too many people, too much invasion.

Sure, I invited them over,
indulged them, shared too much.
Now, its getting a little out of hand.

Emotions are running high,
jealousies abound,
excessive familiarity,
as much contempt.

So, how does one get away from here?

Shall I do, what in reality would hurt too much?
It would be legal too.
Let me kill myself,
That’s the best way to get away, from this.

ACCOUNT. DELETE. FOREVER.
Just a couple of clicks and gone.
How easy is that?

So, I have solemnly decided to commit suicide.
Virtual suicide.
And this is my last note.

Everything, everything is possible virtually.
Even death.

(Note to readers: ok, so i will be dead soon. And you can find me only in the other side of this world- the real world. Not here, the virtual side, where everyone  likes to inhabit in. And yes, I’m only joking. I just liked the word-virtual suicide. :D :D You really thought, i can do it? Virtual or real, i love living far too much to die. And love all you lurkers for making my boring life so much fun :D)

Comments

indranil said…
as they say that suicide is the only permanent solution to all temporary problems.

i seriously recommend it every time you have a problem.
Anonymous said…
Yeah...you scared me all right. But I agree..When I started blogging I was candid..Then all the things you wrote about in this post happened...Like you were speaking my mind...Not as much fun anymore..this..you know...
yah babe, i want to kind of just wipe off my online identity sometimes.
Anonymous said…
Appu..I died laughing..seriously!
adi: the context is more with fb in mind than bloggin, you know :)
Vinita Apte said…
So true...I have been contemplating deleting my FB account for quite some time...It does start getting on your nerves when too many people start giving their opinions when they hardly know u...
lazy pineapple, a cartoonist friend's status message a while said- quitting fb is like quitting smoking- you do it everyday !!!
simply me said…
cool post...first time here
well you are contemplating and let me just confess i have already done virtual suicide :P
that was long time ago in some other world
and ya recently killed the urge to do it again :)
~G said…
The note makes me wanna call you one big Nautanki! :P
Debanjana said…
Hey..please stay on...and if you don't mind my saying, please give your blog a cha cha (read 'tea') look...parbi na?
Raghav said…
This is the first entry of yours I am reading... Cool :) thanks Choco!
manikarn said…
one response, THE response: be my facebook friend please? :P
MangoMan said…
!!

That's all I have to say!
Scribbler :) said…
Do you have a succession planning in place? A virtual will of some sort? That could be masala for another post, you know.
phish phish said…
how about being a silent observer like me ;)
Pri said…
yea..this concept has intrigued me many a times...actually im guilty of committing fb suicide and even ressurecting from the dead a coupla times too :p

but i dont think i can ever do that around here..im too much in love with my blog for that!
Simply me: welcome here and thank you! OK so you are the oyasi atma who has come back from the dead? :D How is the other world?

@g: hahahaha. You took a while to realise that!

@Debanjana: aha jabo kothey toder chere? My big fat virtual family :). I did have a cha cha feel earlier . Will bring it back!

@raghav: hi :) n welcome. :)

@Manikarn: Anything for you. Will be your friend, but cant make frandship with you.

@mangobunty: !! back to you :). Thanks for those exclaimations. I'll decifer what you might have meant :)

@scribbler: Who are you? Why are you here? Go scribble else where.

@Phish Phish: Yes been contemplating that. You, lurker, you.

@Pri: hey there!I know what you mena. I could just about delete all my online identities, but i just cant delete this space.:)
Casuarina said…
I'm just so glad you're still alive :-)

Popular Posts