A love song

My post For you, demanded a translation. I couldn't possibly refuse that irate woman. Again, its something I asked my Dad for. In his words:

Have translated the song with little bit of changes to make it lyrical.Of course, the meaning remains the same, hopefully.Hv also added a title.Here it goes....



"Thou art no more"

Days gone-by, call me from far behind,
As though, old memories paint pictures with colours of pain,
in my heart & mind.

Now I recall, I can recall, I do recall the memories of the first sight,
I do recall the very moment, I gave my heart to her & lost my right.
Two different paths of two of us, converged,
At the turning of a new road, into one, it merged.
Days gone-by, calling me from far behind,
As if, old memories paint pictures with colours of pain, in my heart & mind.

That was in a unique new land,
The days were vibrant with songs galore, in bright sun & glittering sand.
Those tunes now lament in my empty life,
Its all gone, its all gone,
Now the host of sweet & romantic meetings are gone,
The games full of laughter & colour, are all over.

When & where an unknown star has fallen,
Why should the sky remember?
The days gone-by , calling me from far behind,
As though, old memories paint pictures with colours of pain
in my heart & mind


Beautiful, no?

Comments

the pleasantone said…
Babe .......i just want to say thanks for sharing such a beautiful song ...you must sing it to me in baangla one day...... and hey aps thanks for translating for me.....love you to death.....do you think we were twin sisters in another janam???

Popular Posts