Just like that

New look, new feeling. Its important to bring about some change in your life. Even if it means giving your blog a new look!

While I wait with much restlessness to leave the city, I have a mixed feeling of sorts about actually doing it. Last weekend a person who became my 'Bangalore soul mate', refused to talk to me. That was apparently an attempt she made to start distancing herself from me lest she gets way too attached. Will miss that mad woman.

I remember we came to Bangalore bidding Hyderabad adieu with a million plans in head. One was to hit the road and go to as many destinations as possible - as prescribed by Outlook Traveller's 52 weekend getaways. We ended up doing just one, in 2.5 years. But we've had good times too. All that we could do with Meeshu around. I know Meeshu is a convenient excuse. This was a lesson I've learnt for life. There is only so much I'll achieve by thinking and dreaming. I really need to buck up, get up and go do that thing I've always wanted to do.

I am gonna miss Bangalore. But this time for reasons different from the ones I had while leaving her for the first time. when i last left Bangalore before I got married in 2002, i was so upset about not ever returning to MG road, Comm street, Brigade, Pecos, Koshy's....
This time around it will be more for the freedom and time I had to myself. Doing things at my own will for intance. Bangalore kinda gave me the same freedom Mumbai would have given me. I'll miss going to 12th main Crossword to pick up the latest bestseller and then have the best Darjeeling pot tea in Brio. I'll miss Prestige Greenwoods. Meeshu had a ball here with her friends. I'll miss 100 ft boutique restaurant. I'll miss dropping by Max Muller Bhavan to see a friend over coffee. I'll miss Ambara. I'll miss Fab India, Indiranagar. I'll miss Rouge Elephant who always sent the tastiest Home delivered food ever. I'll miss MK retail, 9to9 :) and last but certainly not the least, I'll miss 6 Ballygunge Place.

So much for Bangalore Blues. Have not started my India blues yet.

For a quick update on whats happening in life otherwise.
I've been sitting on my rear watching shit loads of films and pigging and 'Meeshing' (as Vix just said). And ofcourse, cleaning, scrubbing, cooking and going nuts with Meeshu and her friend Shreya who raid the house in the afternoons, denying me of my noon siesta. In case you think all this is fun, think again. I quite detest everything except the watching films and pigging part. "Meeshing" is not bad either, as long as she is tantrum-free.

The last movie I saw : Reservation Road. Hotel Rwanda was better.
The last book I read : 6 suspects - its like wanting to have roadside paani puri sometimes. Too much of it will upset your system. The lesser you read such books the better it is for your sanity.

So long, then.

Comments

Popular Posts