The BIG question's answer

And then, she agreed.  Like this :

 

 

Raj was desperately trying to ping me on Messenger (is it destiny or what, that I now market this product?), and in an odd way, also proposed. Being a hopeless romantic, I wished the so called BIG question was not popped in a bleddy chat window, and so wished he had waited for us to meet and done the kneeling with a ring act. No such luck. He pinged and pinged and wanted to know if I accepted. I didn't want to just say plain stupid YES. So I quickly searched for the Lyrics of Shania Twain's (yes yes, back then i listened to her too) 'From this Moment' as a metaphor/symbolic of my decision.

I cut and pasted thus:

"From This Moment On"
(I do swear that I'll always be there.
I'd give anything and everything and I will always care.
Through weakness and strength, happiness and sorrow,
for better for worse, I will love you with
every beat of my heart.)
From this moment life has begun
From this moment you are the one
Right beside you is where I belong
From this moment on
From this moment I have been blessed
I live only for your happiness
And for your love I'd give my last breath
From this moment on
I give my hand to you with all my heart
Can't wait to live my life with you, can't wait to start
You and I will never be apart
My dreams came true because of you
From this moment as long as I live
I will love you, I promise you this
There is nothing I wouldn't give
From this moment on
You're the reason I believe in love
And you're the answer to my prayers from up above
All we need is just the two of us
My dreams came true because of you
From this moment as long as I live
I will love you, I promise you this
There is nothing I wouldn't give
From this moment
I will love you as long as I live
From this moment on

 

He took some time to read it -- not too long though (not as long as a girl would take to read through such lyrics, reading each and every sentence, and sometimes even cry -- how soppy can we get sometimes). Ding! came the next message in the chat window from him: hey nice. Got lyrics from lyrics.com aaa? Who sang this song? But baby, listen, why don't you please first tell me what I asked you. Don't change topic. So what do you think......

@$#$%#$%^%$^%%^&U^&&^*&^*^ WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the cutting and pasting-- such a waste, I say.

Recently i asked him, if he remembered all our courting 'milestones', and he said - ah, yes, most of them. I asked him if he remembered the song i dedicated to him as a response to his proposal....he said hmmmmm...wait let me think....some silly Celine Dion song, nai?

This ones for you, partner.

Comments

the pleasantone said…
babe that was really funny! but happens to be the general case with all men...they totally miss the point and sometimes even the great moments in life pass by without their realizing it!
iam sure the men reading this write up r going "uh!"
Tracer Bullet said…
Y, Y, Y are men born with goldfish's memory???? Y, Y, Y the hell are they sooo damn stupid????? but raj is kinda cute... i love the way he takes care of mishu :)
when people do stuff once in a blue moon, they are really noticed. and then they also attract comments like- u are kinda cute', and when some one does the same thing the entire life, obviously don't get noticed. Raj is a month-end father. Don't even give him the credit you have given him here -- he will start quoting it in our fights..:). His parents were around, u were there and it was a long weekend-- reasons enough for him to behave -- cutely.
Tracer Bullet said…
haha... ya i can totahly understand that... for the sake of all womenkind... i take my words back... raj is not cute... no man in the world is cute!!!!!

Popular Posts