I dont know what to call this post.

angry_face Aching to write something, but nothing comes except swear words to my mouth and symbols like these !#$$#%$#%^%&% to my itching fingers. What's the big use of reading Deepak Chopra and Rhonda Byrne, and still be so infantile,I wonder. Especially when situations like these demand you to remember those lofty paragraphs and put the darned lessons to use. So right here, right now, I shall, take a deep breath and give a broad smile and say i love this world, my colleagues, my life, my family, my friends --  am trying to fill myself with gratitude and bring abundance to my life, you see. (The new guy next to me is looking at me with much suspicion). Yes. That was a quick mood shift.

It is amazing how people tend to be exceedingly sarcastic, more so with people they don't know, haven't met ...and worse still these guy try to be wicked on email! !!And that too, on an email marked to 50 people. Such discerning individuals must learn some email etiquette. Anyway, forget it. By now u must have got a sense of my irritation. Its about a fight. With a person i don't know. Over email. Issue laid to rest for now.

 

Rhonda had said, if you are irritated, a little shift of thoughts towards things that give palace of illussionsyou joy, will help better the situation. Am trying to put that to use here. The only thing that brings me joy rt now apart from my pink princess are those 10 new books i picked from crossword last weekend. I began with a green hard bound book, called The Palace of Illusions. Written by one of my favourite authors- Chitra Banerji Divakaruni (i like her name too, coz like me she too has kept her maiden name alongside her husband's name :p).

I have fallen in love with this book. Its giving me the same satisfaction and joy that I got from reading Amar Chitra Katha, as a kid. Of course not in the same context - i am just referring to the feeling. I remember when I read ACKs, I read it slowly, deeply engrossed, mesmerised.

This novel is about my favourite Indian epic Mahabharata retold from the point of view of Draupadi. One of Divakaruni's best ever. And like i just stated, am going slow on this one, relishing every sentence, every emotion. What's most interesting about this book is that a tale about men at large is told by a woman. A woman who was prophesied to change the course of history. The book is a feminist's delight, and is a refreshing take of the grand Indian Epic. I am a genuine lover of the Mahabharata series that was telecast on Doordarshan and Rupa Ganguli is the face that comes to my mind every time i visualise Draupadi in The Palace of Illussions. Unlike what the book reveals (and history) about Draupadi being very dark skinned like Krishna, Roopa's complexion is wheatish, but she sure displayed the charm and pride that Panchaali had. If you are a fan of mythology, this one is an extremely entertaining yet a mysterious and profound read. (Joey's mummmy, lets read this together and dissect it - for ole time's sake like Supriya karunakaram and Maya, Please?)

 

Yes, another happy thought - there is rich dark chocolate pastry in the fridge.

And yes, I am all happy, calm and balanced :D. Try it. It helps.

Comments

the pleasantone said…
did you know that i did not change my maiden name after marriage!!!!!!!!
anyway will dash to the nearest book store to pick said book .....of coz time n weather permitting.we shall dissect it together just like ole times.
The Worm said…
i too had a post with the same headline.
sorry didnt read through the entire post.
wormie, i am a plagiarist. u should have figured that by now no , mone. This blog missed your comments...and now u come and dont read through my posts completely...:(

Popular Posts