The Secret

I have NEVER bought a self-help book in my life. However, have tried reading them - Seven Habits, Who mooved my cheese, Fish and the likes. Honestly, none of them really helped me. Rather, i was not motivated enough to actually try out their advice consciously.

Last evening, we headed to Indira Nagar 12th Main, to check out the new Crossword there. The new look of our guestroom was pushing me to spend some time there with a book :). I picked up what i wanted to, what was recommended and what i thought would be a good book. And then, my eyes fell on this orangish brown glossy hard bound with the title - 'The Secret'. I had read reviews and knew it was the current bestseller. My immediate reaction was- ah!another one of those books claiming to transform lives. But, i still picked it, and walked straight to the cash counter and billed. I don't know why i bought that book. Really. On our way back i was sure I will start with reading 'Why we buy'. We reached home and i put Meeshu to sleep and hit the bed with the book- wait! Which book? 'The Secret'!

I read about 33 pages. And .....you won't believe what i am going to say next. This book has had the most profound impact anything or any person has ever had on me, Ever.

Will write more about it, once am done with it. But for now, let me just go back to The Secret.

"You are the Michelangelo of your life. The David you are sculpting is YOU."

Comments

neha vish said…
I LOVE the new snap with the little one!

Popular Posts