Mother's day, I'm told!


Our neighbourhood mall has a Swarovski shop at its entrance. Eachtime Mishmash would pass it,  she'd say, Ma! I'm going to get you something from here for Mother's day!
I'd silently pray, she wouldn't !!

A few days back Mish and I had the most delightful conversation.
Ma, what would you like for Mother's day? I've already made a list. I want to ensure whatever you want is on it!
Oh baby. I want nothing. I have you!
Please ma!
Ok, whatever it is, i don't wan't anything expensive. Ok?
Oh no Ma! I have to strike out number 1 from the list now. 
What was it?
A diamond necklace, ma! 

Yesterday at the mall, with her dad.
She refused to budge from the Swarovski shop. I think ma would love a 'diamond 'bracelet. Look at these charms, papa. The heart one and the lipstick one. Let's buy her this papa!
Knowing fully well how his wife reacts to Swarovski, he tried to dissuade her. Its expensive, Mish. Remember what ma told you?
With the saddest face possible, she decides to let go and says, 'it's ok papa. let's then get her something else then...it's okay.'

This morning, I got a kiss and my gift.
I don't need to tell what I got, do I? Mommies already know the answer.

Papa dearest told me over morning tea - how could I break her heart?

( Mish -- see ma, it cost us many many many money. But papa still bought it. Isn't he the best? )

Happy Father's erm, Mother's day! :D (And so, the daddy-daughter conspiracy continues)

Comments

aksha said…
Awww!! Daughters are so precious.. Happy Mother's Day!!

First time here, couldnt help but comment looking at this post :)
chandrimawrites said…
Your daughter is a sweet heart! While reading this post I could almost visualise every bit of it... moved me real deep.... Great reading your blog after a really long time!

Btw, go to Google+ for my post.

Cheers :)
Thank you Aksha and chandrima :).

Popular Posts