And so, the year ends.

It feels very liberating to not have plans for the big 31st night. No resolutions either.  No pressure to force yourself to do something cool. To meet friends and welcome the new year in style. Drunk.

I was, until last year, one of those. I whined and cried about not having a 'happening' New Year's eve. The man had to hear endless grumbling of how my life had changed after marriage and how my life had irrevocably changed after Mishmash was born. This year strangely, there are no emotions brewing. I find myself at peace with life and everything around me. And this year I have consciously chosen not to draft resolutions. Let me just live 2012 one day at a time, and give each day all my love and energy.

And to all of you, have a blessed 2012.


Comments

Anonymous said…
A non-happening NYE is the story of my life for years! :) And I'm happy with that. Would still one day like to see the harbourside fireworks but for the moment, the crowds put me off. Hope you have a wonderful 2012 KG!
Satrupa said…
A non happening 31st eve for me too ....... it's just another day when the earth completes a revolution :) Hope you enjoy each day as it comes ...... A very Happy New Year to you and ur family !!
neha vish said…
The last few years, I've abandoned the idea of a 'social life' and sat on the couch, sitting happy with my glass (bottomless) of bubbly. The man pours and I chatter.

How could it get better! I don't wake up in a ditch, and don't have to figure out where to go for a wee!!
Sugar said…
Happy new year to you!
Wishing you a year of all things bright and beautiful...in other words, bring on the bling!

May it also be a year of quiet contemplation and furious creativity.

Love and hugs!
Treenz said…
This post so resonates with me.

Happy New Year Aparna :).

Popular Posts