Aami gaayi..

Found a lovely translation by Barnali Saha of the song, Ghore Pherar Gaan. And that's exactly how I feel at the moment.





I sing the going home song
My distressed soul calls me incessantly, asks me
Despite being miles afar
Why, why the bond is still so strong?


Thus my indefatigable body
Peregrinates day and night
Startled, I stop short
I think I hear that same old tune from somewhere
Rusty, yet scintillating in my mind


I cannot go back if I want
I have traversed countries and eons
Untraveled roads still lie ahead of me
Roads that cannot be tricked for sure


I wish I could go back to that village
To that shady bower of the Bunyan tree once more
That same old creek
The soft murmur of the breeze

Can you bid adeu to the to the grim and gay memories lying in the crevasses of your heart


Many a times I search for the lost country
I know there is no ending
The mirage flashes a thousand vague dreams
I cannot return to the idyllic childhood anymore, the road has vanished, the land is lost

I cannot go back if I want
I have traversed countries and eons
Untraveled roads still lie ahead of me
Roads that cannot be tricked for sure.




Comments

Treenz said…
Wow! I love the poem. Thanks for sharing.
Scribbler :) said…
Depressed? Cheer up, babe. Life's like that. Even people who are at home feel like they aren't. Know what I mean?
That home...that place...exists in our minds only.
little boxes said…
listen to adorer nouka by chandrabindoo.
you'll love it, i am sure :)

Popular Posts