Break Ke Baad

Suffice to say, I was on a long break. And what I did in these months are a dangerous territory to tread on. Too many things then need to be told, parallel sub-plots will show up, and I have to needlessly end the deep slumber my head seems to be taking for a nice long time now.

A full year went by. A winning year, through and through for me. Lots of goods, fewer lows, big wins, small disappointments. In all, a model year. But for the fact that I sneezed more number of times last year compared to any given year that I've lived so far, I have no issues. I began with a holiday (India) and ended with one too (New Zealand). Nine By Thirty was born and I wrote professionally for top websites. My publishing dream has been carried forward to this year. I can already see it in the distant horizon.

From my family standpoint, the man didn't threaten me with divorce papers, and I managed to bring down my divorce threats to him by a record number. Only on one or 2 occasions- and they weren't exactly threats. I'm a little disappointed though that we both are showing strong signs of behaving like adults. I wonder if 2011 will see us both fight over things we fought over 7 years back. Its for us to wait and watch.

No big issues with parents or in-laws. Absolutely none. And this is a sure shot sign that we are a couple that belong to the youth brigade, no more. We talk  to elders with caution and display very little rebellious tendencies to instigate them. Mishmash did not report us to the welfare guys here. She seems to know how to call the police though and say a thing or two about how her mum threatens to switch off the television. That seems like her only complain from her mum. Too much milk and too little TV.

I managed to lose a few pounds too. I still don't defy gravity, but I feel a lot lighter this January than in did in Jan 2010. Probably that's what gave me the courage to do this - yes, a perfect way to end 2010. Take a look



The year end bungy jump was a cherry on top for 2010. I'm especially proud of this feat because I'm actually a very timid person, scared of heights, roaches, lizards and the usual things such people are terrified of. This was one instance where I came face to face with my fears and I knew I had to conquer it.
And oh, What. A. High. 

So this year, I have a list (I actually sat down and wrote a three page - I-will-dos - for 2011. And its already working. A part of one such 'will do' has already seen the light of the day, in a very exciting way. It is amazing the ways in which our wishes come true. Here's a look at how my year began-

[ Appeared in Bangalore Mirror 2.1.11] Linking it to the online copy- click on it to read.

BLR Mirror- 2.1.11 - Had the will, found the way



So yes, I'm having a party and the Universe is arranging it all for me. :D

As and when the items on my list get done, I will hopefully bring it to your notice. Given that its a 3 pager, I already know The Quaint and Luminous Life of a Cha Lover will see quiet a few exciting posts in 2011. Amen. Tathastu. Ameen.

Comments

Scribbler :) said…
missed your posts so much. And loved the positivity of this post!
Proud of you, girl. May 2011 be even better...in more ways than you can dream of.
GB said…
Yay, you're backkkkkk! please keep on blogging--your posts are so refreshing!

Hope 2011 gives you more reasons to celebrate!
@scribbler, GB: missed being here. I realised how much i missed interacting via blogger. Fun to be back. :)
Rupz said…
aweeeeesome !! Missed you!
Holidays in NZ - greatt, and the bungy jump is the cherry on the top !

May you accomplish many more such highs in the new year :-)

Happy New Year to you !

Rupa

P.S One of the things in my to-do list is to start driving on Sydney roads - any advise on that ?
vicious said…
truly exciting ...HNY and wish u all the best for 2011
Starry-eyed nut said…
Lovely post my own personal celebrity! Atleast someone is doing what they want....love it :)
All the best and hope 2011 is what you hope for and more :)
Anonymous said…
fabulous!! you are very brave...

Im so pleased you are back!! and yes... you deserve that and a lot lot more!!
Unknown said…
I came to your blog today..so I could leave you a message telling you how much I missed your blogs and asking you when you will start again.

Kudos to you Appu..you might be a rare species that keeps up new year resolutions!! Lost weight?? Do you mind if I ask how much? I have been trying to get started on this for years...this year its on my list again.

Here's to new dreams and their fulfillment..wishing you a fabulous 2011.
sulagna said…
yeayiii KG is back with all her battles n blessings :)
D said…
You go, girl! And what a wholesome year it's been.
@rupz: I can only advise you after 21st January. Its my driving test day. :D One of my resolutions too for January to get my aussie license.

@Vicious: it is indeed very heartening to know you guys are still around to check on me! HNY and wishing you the very bestest!

Starry eyed: :D you too are doing what you've been wanting for a long while, right? Have a blessed year, you three!

@patty: no no not brave- not yet! After the sky dive and a couple of more things planned, you can give that title!

@sarika: so kicked tht you check on this space! Tips to lose some pounds- will end u a message instead. Good to have u here, S!

@sulagna: yeeiii back! :D

@D: thanks, much much! :)) Hope we all have lots to write about this year through!

@ALL: shortly blog hopping to your spaces...ready?
Anonymous said…
Happy New Year KG! Glad to hear that 2010 was a good year for you. Hope 2011 brings a lot more with it! :) Take care...

And looking forward to more posts this year :D
Primitive Lyric said…
You're an inspiration to many mommies like me!:) 2011 will be even better for u.
Yeah! its quite sometime, your posts appeared. I knew your focus was on 9x30,nevertheless, I used to visit the sight hoping against hope for something new,only to be disappointed.With so much achieved in 2010,its really very satisfying.Needless to mention, when children achieve, parents celebrate. So unable to resist the temptation to congratulate you for everything done in 2010. Wish you much more in 2011.
Anonymous said…
so glad you're back apu...of course, i keep seeing your updates...and, this was a great summary, a good read...the bungee jumping thing must've been awesome! wish you greater and happier things in 2011!
Anonymous said…
WAY TO GO BABE!!
Wish you many many more tick offs from your list!
I saw your article on the paper.But i cud not link up to this blog.Congrats.
Discovering M said…
way to go KG - the bungee jump must have rocked! have to say I have chickened out of it on more than one occasion so I have decided not to do it this life time..

to be honest - you didnt seem like a bunjee jumping type of girl from reading your blogs over the years .. hmm.. !!
Discovering M said…
and btw -- Happy New Year to you and family!!! may you have a great year ahead !
chicha.in said…
hii .. Nice Post ..

For More Entertainment .. Visit ..

WWW.ChiCha.in

WWW.ChiCha.in

Popular Posts