The ‘Autumn of My Life’, already?

I spotted the first, many days back,
but chose not to notice it.
Then today, I saw rows of them,
neatly seeded and shiny.
Bounteous patches,
happy and ga(re)y.

Some said,
'lack of care'
others (to humour me) said, 'genetically predisposed'.
Methinks,
its the epoch of the ‘Autumn of my life’.

Those grey strands of hair-
they mock and say,
'this marks the beginning of another innings,
in your scintillating and wondrous life'
.

But I haven't let panic set in,
no, I haven't superannuated, yet.
So, bring them on-
shades of red, brown and blue, if you please.
There isn't a way, I'll let Grey take over,
and  let wisdom prevail with such ease.

Comments

Samadrita said…
Such simple emotions expressed so beautifully through these lines!
Loved it. :)
And well there's always dye. :P
manikarn said…
hey! I hope a book offer is on its way to you! But seriously, you truly should take it beyond blogging :) Keep writing!
@sam/ Manikarn: loved it? I love you guys for loving all that I'm so sceptical to share. I wrote this and waited a full day to publish it. wasn't one bit sure, how it read. But thanks dearies, for re-instilling the faith! :) you made my day!!

manikarn- book deal? hahahaha.I wish u were a publisher :)BTW, have u barred your blog from comments? I have tried so many times to leave a few words, but yor blog just wouldn't allow me. hmmpfff. :(
manikarn said…
man i had no effing idea! i just thought people stopped reading my drag.. lemme see.. hmpff is correct!
manikarn said…
sometimes i do wish i were a publisher.. :) comments are working again i guess..
phish phish said…
hahahahahahaha...

"There isn't a way, I'll let Grey take over,
and let wisdom prevail with such ease."

...now that's wicked!!
@phish: whats news with yours? (hair?) :D

Popular Posts