the caravan

 

DSC02141

I have always been fascinated with caravans.

But for some reason, caravans were always almost associated only with gypsies. At least I did. Guess it was the the old Naseer Hussain classic Caravan, which added to the perspective. The dictionary meaning also says – Group of merchants, pilgrims, or travelers journeying together, usually for mutual protection, in deserts or other hostile regions. So while I remained fascinated by this vehicle I always thought, this could be done by gypsies alone or maybe by that occassional bored single man, in lands far away from India. But then, seems like, times have changed, and today you can just hire a caravan, take your family/or just you alone, and travel the less travelled roads, or well, the more travelled ones too.

 

When Shahrukh drove that sexy caravan in Swades, I was so enamoured with the vehicle, that I immediately added it to my million and one ‘i wish I could’ list. Last weekend on our way to Wollongong beach, we stopped by a tiny beach called Coledale beach. The place was full of these campers with the caravans and barbeques. DSC02164 When I saw this (top left picture) family enjoying their beer with their wee baby in the crib,  I was so awestruck. In that one moment I must have made a thousand resolutions about travelling with my daughter. I remember, after she was born, each time we planned a holiday, it always seemed like she was the cause we shelved it. How in the wrong I have been all the while.

 

And then there is so much to tell about the people of this land. If there is one thing I want to come back with, it is the lesson to really ‘live life’. The people here, seem like they do it the right way. There is so much more to life than work, work, work, and that very very occasional weekend break to The Outlook Traveler prescribed 10 hour drive. Tracer Bullet , u seem to be the only one, who probably not just understands the funda of ‘living’ it up, but also, take it very very seriously. So thought I’ll dedicate this post to you. And honest to God, when I saw the caravans, I thought of you.

 

A quick search threw up  results of scores of caravans available on rent. Bookmarked a few and will save it for our soon to be planned trip to where ever. The armchair traveler in me has gotten up and wants to stretch and warm up.

 

So then, its time to wake up and smell the coffee fellas….or ummmm the beer perhaps?

Comments

Tracer Bullet said…
damn cool yaar... u think u wud sing "kitna pyaara vaada hai" hanging from the door of the caravan... and R would run behind dancing like jumping jack JITU ... hehehe :D... sure thing, even I can only think of the Naser Hussain movie at the mention of a Caravan...

...and thanks for the dedication ... id love to travel a lot lot more... do a lot many other things... but ka kare... paapi pet ka sawaal hai :P

Popular Posts