Headed for a warm summery Christmas!

Its not so much for laziness that you see the inactivity on this space. There's actually so much happening that I am not able to put down in whatever order the changes that have suddenly gripped my life. For one, I have quit Microsoft. To think of it itself saddens me. I was just about settling down, and loving it. And then R comes and drops the bomb - how about moving to The Great land Down Under??! (Yeah I know it wasn't as simple as that but it always helps to put it simply - it clears your head and gives u a better perspective).

So isn't that news enough to pass off as - 'a lot is happening in my life'- statement??  Moving means, quitting jobs, means, relocating, which further means, getting rid of present filth at home accumulated over 5 years, which means selling off a lot of things very dear to me, like Meeshu's baby cot. And our brand new Microwave, and the sofa and the dining table and meeshu's cycle.....:( :(

But when I look beyond this I can see a beautiful beach in front of me, Raj on a deck chair with a Budweiser, and Meeshu building her Barbie sand castle. And summers will be in NZ and we'll go skydiving in Aucklan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And then R will come home early- one of the biggest factors for agree to this shift. So its not a lost cause after all. A new job will come my way, yet again, and this time a better one. And I'll get slimmer (slim to begin with, then perhaps the comparative degree). See, looks like I will run a bit there and eat some crunchy veggies. This thought has had such repercussions in my present state of mind and body that I wish I had not thought of it at all - each time i think I am going away, in goes a packet of Biriyani. And the more they tell me I'll get to eat fabulous chocolates, I promptly buy a big bar of Cadbury's thinking I'll not get it there.....:) And i fret I won't get Posto and Shorshe bata's homely flavour, so more of that everyday with lots of rice and ghee!

But honestly, behind the Bondi beach dreams lie a latent fear of not finding friends, of not being able to manage without nannies and bais. Of being away from family for way too long and the biggest fear of liking Sydney so much that we don't come back!

So much for now. More updates, soon.

Comments

the pleasantone said…
Well iam not suprised at how you feel girl.....the fear of the unknown, the change for better or worse...the excitement of the future and the letting go of the comfort zone plus perks of home....all can be rather overwhelming and tiring.....whatever it is...iam glad all this is happening! for one...niru is really looking forward to seeing you...guess she is homesick! all the best babe!
neha vish said…
wow! Aussie Land sounds far better than where I am right now. Sunshine, beaches, ah ah!

Hope the move goes real smooth.
Lonely heart said…
i'll miss you sis...

Popular Posts