That day of the year.

31 December has a sense of sadness to it this time. I don't want it to end. Its been a the best year so far . Getting into a new year gives me the same feeling of getting into a new job: new colleagues, new challenges, new policies, new everything. I am not particularly fond of anything new...unless of course, they are new pairs of shoes.

'07 was particularly kind to me. I started working again. Managing work and home was not impossible. I had fewer fights with the Hyderabad camp. A sense of supreme confidence and pride consumed me after i got the second job offer. I have never felt happier and more satisfied with what i was doing with my life.

I continue, with sporadic regularity, practicing 'The Secret', a book, which has changed my perspective towards life and living. I still lose my temper at the drop of a hat and still haven't managed to manage my health properly. The self conferred title Drama Queen, fits me fine, especially when it comes to situations that involve my Husband and me. My patience levels are okayish with my toddler. Am sure I can do better.

Financially, I have improved. My savings account finally has savings and I have gotten away from maintaining a steady  0 balance 'savings' account.

I have successfully exercised a total of 22 days this year. Not bad at all. I have eaten more boiled veggies and high fibre food this year than ever before. Alongside, I have dutifully finished my dinners with a happy dessert.

I loved waking up to my daughter's beautiful smile and sometimes grumpy face. I loved every bit of time spent in the balcony with my husband doing some arm chair travelling and building castles in the air.

I don't regret a bit of all the embarrassing moments i was  part of, even if it meant following my colleague and country manger to the men's room in Delhi airport. It only gave me another fantastic bit of anecdote that will be shared with my grand daughter.

Thanks, all you mighty Gods above, for making '07 so special. I loved living it. Looking forward to your '08 game plan.

Cheers, people. (a Patiala, Old Monk with coke). just re-affirming that I love all things I hated on '07.

I will kick more ass, drink more adventurously, eat less carefully, smile more often, blog religiously, be the second best parent to my daughter, be the most influential woman in my husband's life, drive a girly coloured car, own a girly coloured car, finish all the unfinished books, sing louder, start re visiting pubs, pick up the phone more often to abuse those ole friends and love myself more dearly.

I am all set. Welcome. 2008.

Comments

Fighter Jet said…
Very nice!

all d best for your resoultions :)

hope they do materialises :))

Popular Posts